Copy of Corneille's Polyphemus, Ralph Reinle (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2008   #46
Ohh.. it's beautiful!

Keep on modeling great job

Old 03 March 2008   #47
This is your second piece in zbrush? Nice work.

I do, however, agree with the others about the incorrect anatomy. One thing that stands out to me are the nipples, they are just lumps and are too high up.

Also there seems to be aliasing in the main render. But apart from that the render itself is fantastic.

Congrats on the award!

Old 03 March 2008   #48
Originally Posted by oDDity: Sorry, but this is a very poor piece of work.
The pose, the anatomy the sculpting technique are all naive and display a severe lack of knowledge.
The vray render at first glance makes it look kind of cool to someone with no knowledge of sculpture or anatomy, and I guess that's why one of the moderators decided to put it on the front page.
I can go into a long and detailed list of where it's wrong if you like, but since there is no part of the anatomy or cloth that has been adequately observed or sculpted, it would indeed be a long list.
I'm confused. This zbrush piece is a copy of a real life sculpture. If his anatomy and cloth is wrong, then isn't that an issue you have with Corneille Van Clève piece in the Louvre and not ralphreinle? So the Louvre sucks because they have pieces with bad anatomy?

http://www.louvre.fr/llv/oeuvres/de...51&bmLocale=en#

Old 03 March 2008   #49
Originally Posted by beaker: I'm confused. This zbrush piece is a copy of a real life sculpture. If his anatomy and cloth is wrong, then isn't that an issue you have with Corneille Van Clève piece in the Louvre and not ralphreinle? So the Louvre sucks because they have pieces with bad anatomy?

No and no.
The issue is one of copy accuracy not inaccuracy of the original leading to inaccuracy copied.

Old 03 March 2008   #50
Originally Posted by Quadart: No and no.
The issue is one of copy accuracy not inaccuracy of the original leading to inaccuracy copied.
ic, my mistake.

Old 03 March 2008   #51
Quote:
I'm confused. This zbrush piece is a copy of a real life sculpture. If his anatomy and cloth is wrong, then isn't that an issue you have with Corneille Van Clève piece in the Louvre and not ralphreinle? So the Louvre sucks because they have pieces with bad anatomy?

Want to know my opinion? yeah, this sculpt in Louvre has many incorrects, I don´t affraid to say it, this piece is in Louvre, but this doesn´t mean that is perfect and untouchable like lots of known paintings and etc. And as you can see, the zbrush copy is a bit off when you look at the original.

Old 03 March 2008   #52
I think that the real discussion is with the fp...This should be a challenge for everyone to try to achieve better results and someday they will be on the fp if they really want that.My question is how did he used maya and vray without 3dmax? is a version of vray for maya and i am so nood that i don't know? (i really hope not to embarace myself )

Old 03 March 2008   #53
Hi guys! Thank you very much for all your comments and critics. This certainly will incentivate me to keep up working and most important to study even harder!

Hi alienpioneer, it was rendered in 3dsmax. I didn't mentioned it because it was only used for the rendering. Maya was only used for modeling basemehes and UV mapping.

Old 03 March 2008   #54
Talking

Thank you for the reply! I am so glad i didn't embarace myself.Nomatter other posts , you should know that you are way on the good road!!! Cheers and many prizes ahead!

Old 03 March 2008   #55
Great Very REALISTIC

Old 03 March 2008   #56
hi ralphreinle,

Really appreciate the amount of effort that you put into this piece.
I know you are tired, why not u take a break and spend some time again
to further finetune this piece, in terms of lighting, background and shader?
Otherwise, it will be such a waste for high detail model like this. You need some
good side dishes (background, shader, lighting) to spice up the maincourse(model)

Cheeers!

jordan.

Old 03 March 2008   #57
hi ralphreinle,

Really appreciate the amount of effort that you put into this piece.
I know you are tired, why not u take a break and spend some time again
to further finetune this piece, in terms of lighting, background and shader?
Otherwise, it will be such a waste for high detail model like this. You need some
good side dishes (background, shader, lighting) to spice up the maincourse(model)

Cheeers! Look forward to see more works from you.

jordan.

Old 03 March 2008   #58
fantastic

so good work

nice to make vray work in maya environmet

Old 03 March 2008   #59
great!

Muito bonito!

Old 03 March 2008   #60
Thumbs up

great work

Thread Closed share thread