Copy of Corneille's Polyphemus, Ralph Reinle (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2008   #31
Hi, nice work, but average, I must agree with oDDity, whole anatomy is incorrect, there are lot of mistakes, the biggest problem which hit my eyes immediately are the forearms, totally wrong flexors and extensors. The list of mistakes would be a bit longer. I wish you the best luck in future works, you shloud take a look at photos of bodybuilders, the anatomy encyclopedias and etc.

You got Choice Award, in my opinion, 80% of work in this gallery donīt deserve award,(sorry, I donīt want to be harsh or rude, isnīt your fault, responsibility is on shoulders of local moderators and admins) Maybe you should think about works which got awards and change your criteria before itīs too late.

Best R.

Old 03 March 2008   #32
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Congrats on the front page! Well deserved.

I am a bit surprised, you are anatomy forum leader and donīt see the mistakes on anatomy.

Old 03 March 2008   #33
Wink

Hi there,

I totally agree with you guys. I surely know it's not perfect and that there's lots of flaws. This is the first time I've ever modeled a full cg body and this is my second zbrush model I ever made. I am at the beginning of the second year of my fine art bachelor degree. We just start doing clay modeling classes. So I still have lots to learn but I have to start somewhere. Isn't that the intention of the workshops? It has never meant to be up to the level of the great artists presented at cgtalk. In my humble opinion I think it was a good start and wanted to share. I don't know why has been chosen to be on the frontpage or the choice award, I wasn't really expecting this.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the critics, I respect a lot you guys and your works. You've always inspired me.

P.S.: This is kind of funny, everybody loved the vray render. The render was actually only to post into the galleries and not to present the model as Zbrush screenshots.

Old 03 March 2008   #34
Originally Posted by SlayerCZ:
You got Choice Award, in my opinion, 80% of work in this gallery donīt deserve award,(sorry, I donīt want to be harsh or rude, isnīt your fault, responsibility is on shoulders of local moderators and admins) Maybe you should think about works which got awards and change your criteria before itīs too late.

Best R.

I wouldn't go as far as 80%. That all depends on just how much above average you set the entry limit on a choice award.
However, what matters is consistency of judgement. You cannot have some works getting in here, which are equal to, or worse, than other works which did not get in here, and I have seen quite a few works that are equal to, and some better than this, in the general gallery that did not get front page or get an award.

Old 03 March 2008   #35
Originally Posted by ralphreinle:

nice work on the render.

however it needs lot of revision on the anatomy as Rod mentioned.

Old 03 March 2008   #36
Wink

Awesome...!

Old 03 March 2008   #37
Originally Posted by SlayerCZ: I am a bit surprised, you are anatomy forum leader and donīt see the mistakes on anatomy.
Hi there, well, it's not to say that I don't, but I guess I find it more useful to encourage someone than to nitpick them whilst their work is being highlighted - I think this is a good work that can be improved upon, yes, as can any piece that's submitted here to CGTalk. Ralphreinle didn't solicit the fp and seems to be taking the crits onboard well, so perhaps the fp is worth the good crits.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2008   #38
[
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: Hi there, well, it's not to say that I don't, but I guess I find it more useful to encourage someone than to nitpick them whilst their work is being highlighted - I think this is a good work that can be improved upon, yes, as can any piece that's submitted here to CGTalk. Ralphreinle didn't solicit the fp and seems to be taking the crits onboard well, so perhaps the fp is worth the good crits.

Hi, I donīt know, but from my point of view is better hard critics than words like "awesome" "well deserved" and etc., because critics comments can push his abilities forward, "awesome" is totally useless and in big contrast with our hard citic comments, and lots of A-class works are overlooked and not on the frontpage. Someone spent several months on his work and then is overlooked, Ralphreinle did this job as his second model and is on frontpage despite the fact that this work has bad anatomy, and this picture is only about anatomy. So in my opinion is better to show this work in WIP forum if you want a good feedback, FP is for A-class and interesting works, ONLY my two cents, I donīt want to be harsh and rude. And at the end, I donīt think that our critics comments were nitpicking, these comments are only for admins and forum leaders or moderators, Ralphreine isnīt responsible for FP, we only said what we think about FP and giving the awards.

I think that would be fair to put every works like this on frontpage to encourage their authors if you mean what you wrote seriously.

Wish you the best luck Ralpreinle , keep it up and train.

Old 03 March 2008   #39
SlayerCZ, good points all, I think the key here is not to lay blame on the artist for being fp'd when he did not solicit it. I'm sure that you would appreciate the same consideration in the same situation.

Regarding the fairness of fp posts, well, that's subjective and no, not everyone can be made happy all of the time. Mods choose plug images at their discretion and it's according to personal choice, so no, not even the mods think every piece is or is not plugworthy. Thanks for your feedback and I'm sure it's being taken onboard by the mods here.

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2008   #40
Originally Posted by Rebeccak: SlayerCZ, good points all, I think the key here is not to lay blame on the artist for being fp'd when he did not solicit it. I'm sure that you would appreciate the same consideration in the same situation.

Regarding the fairness of fp posts, well, that's subjective and no, not everyone can be made happy all of the time. Mods choose plug images at their discretion and it's according to personal choice, so no, not even the mods think every piece is or is not plugworthy. Thanks for your feedback and I'm sure it's being taken onboard by the mods here.

Laying blame? oh god no I wrote it before, Ralphreinle iśnīt responsible for FP, I wrote it before, and I write it again

Thanks for you comments

Best R.

Old 03 March 2008   #41
Cool, should you have further issues, then contact the admins who can tell you who plugged the image, or alternately, write in your diary.

www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

Old 03 March 2008   #42
That isnīt necessary control every moderator or something like this, I only wrote what I think about Ralphreinle job he has done and about his FPplug and giving awards ,nothing less nothing more, situation is going worse and worse and I am not owner of this forum, so frontpage plugs and award arenīt my bussines I am only host, I only wrote my two cents

Old 03 March 2008   #43
Originally Posted by ralphreinle: I totally agree with you guys. I surely know it's not perfect and that there's lots of flaws. This is the first time I've ever modeled a full cg body and this is my second zbrush model I ever made. I am at the beginning of the second year of my fine art bachelor degree. We just start doing clay modeling classes. So I still have lots to learn but I have to start somewhere. Isn't that the intention of the workshops? It has never meant to be up to the level of the great artists presented at cgtalk. In my humble opinion I think it was a good start and wanted to share. I don't know why has been chosen to be on the frontpage or the choice award, I wasn't really expecting this.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the critics, I respect a lot you guys and your works. You've always inspired me.

I was about to post about some more anatomy issues, but I think that your response to the critiques makes you deserving of all the credit that you've thus far received. It's very rare that someone can take harsh criticisms in such a muture and understanding manner. I will keep an eye out for your future work, you have great potential with an attitude like that.

Old 03 March 2008   #44
nice work .....................

Old 03 March 2008   #45
well, it may not be "perfect" but it has a nice look and feel about it

4 stars

Flickr

MDI Digital

Thread Closed share thread