Exams are coming..., Ondrej Karlik (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #46
Originally Posted by Ripmork: P.S:
I could use a few of those pills right now (exams are killing me)

well, same here, and btw I missed one term for my semester work and almost failed the subject and lost some really sweet money (for me ) from scholarship, while working on this picture :-D

Old 09 September 2007   #47
Certainly pulled off the photo-realism in this render, Great job!

Old 09 September 2007   #48
Originally Posted by MarlonJohn: Certainly pulled off the photo-realism in this render, Great job!
Wow! Holy cow! That's great! Have you been working out?

Old 09 September 2007   #49
Macro with DOF...great coupling, great image!

Old 09 September 2007   #50
congrats man, nice work... I'm looking forward to see more from you in the future.

Portfolio/homepage
NoEmotion

Old 09 September 2007   #51
Hi! Great render!

I know it will sound a bit strange, but iīll say it anyway. As a soon to be pharmaceutical chemist, i can tell you that the sort of tablet you rendered is generally biconvex and has a dimmer specular highlight (cause of the manufacturing process...). Thatīs the only change i would suggest for a more photorealistic render.

I thought it could be an interesting insight.... sorry for my freakishness .

anyway, the render is flawless dude!

DOMINANCE WAR IV

DOMINANCE WAR V

Old 09 September 2007   #52
once again, thanks for all the comments
Originally Posted by DenkoM: congrats man, nice work... I'm looking forward to see more from you in the future.

Well, stay tuned... i am posting another work to 3D gallery in few days. And this time, it will be more than just a bunch of cylinders and box with DOF

a na maxconu to poradne zapijeme

Originally Posted by GaeasHerald: Hi! Great render!

I know it will sound a bit strange, but iīll say it anyway. As a soon to be pharmaceutical chemist, i can tell you that the sort of tablet you rendered is generally biconvex and has a dimmer specular highlight (cause of the manufacturing process...). Thatīs the only change i would suggest for a more photorealistic render.

I thought it could be an interesting insight.... sorry for my freakishness .

anyway, the render is flawless dude!

hi! thanks for this interesting suggestions. The pills are inspired by Paralen, which is Czech brand name for a mild painkiller. Its pills are really flat :

I guess youre right about the specular highlights... there is always something to improve, thanks for pointing out.

Old 09 September 2007   #53
Work like this hurts my brain and makes me feel like I need to question everything around me.

I cannot tell that this is not real. It is really well done. Congrats.

I'm blown away.

Old 09 September 2007   #54
I really like it, the only thing i would suggest is add a small bump to the pills, but other than that it's very sweet

Old 09 September 2007   #55
This is a REAL "Fake or Photo" Tread. Almost no one can say it's 3d or not, but we know it is. Astonish image ! Great level of care on the details, shaders and Anti-alias (Wich is a bad side of Vray imo).
Amazing result !
CLOTH FISH
VolksWagen Ads

Old 09 September 2007   #56
great work!

Really nice -- the message, the lighting, the composition, the DOF. Very well done!

Except for the bar code. . . If you scan it, It'll say it's Pepto Bismal. Really dropped the ball on that one ;-)

Old 09 September 2007   #57
Originally Posted by harryb: Except for the bar code. . . If you scan it, It'll say it's Pepto Bismal. Really dropped the ball on that one ;-)

lol! That is maybe the best comment I ever saw! Is there any CGChoice Award for best comments?

btw: the bar code is copied from some image I found on google

Old 09 September 2007   #58
Good work!

This is one nice work, congrats!

Old 09 September 2007   #59
Nice photo :P

Looks great, very realistic! 5*

Old 10 October 2007   #60
i was inspired by this work. thanks

Thread Closed share thread