Cheetah, Amadhi (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2003
Great Job!!!

Excellent effort!!!
I think software is not the main problem, the imaginative and art abilities of an artist is the main force.... anyway, is there other post in other category? Tim??

03 March 2003
WhoooHooo! .. wow .. I love IT ! Great work ...

03 March 2003
Beautiful. And very nice that the hair isn't the dry "standard" CGI hair.

I thought it was a 2D piece as well for what it's worth.

03 March 2003
Thumbs down

Excellent !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

03 March 2003
Wonderfulllll job!!!!

03 March 2003
Thumbs down wow

Man, that is cool!

When I first saw it I thought it was a painting.

03 March 2003
Very nice model/textures/render!!

At first I thought it was a painting. You really captured the snicky and hunting stare of the Cheetah, great job!

03 March 2003
Very nice image you got there ArcticWolfsong. The only thing I see that might be a problem is the highlights in the eyes, and the light source on the top of his head. It actually makes him look like he's in a studio setting. I'm not quite sure what look you were going for, but that's the first thing that pops up for me . Great stuff regardless.

You have received the CGtalk choice award .Please feel free to display this image anywhere you like! Incredible work.

upon receiving this award, it guarantees you a spot in the cgtalk gallery hall of fame - which you are now placed

P.S. Please email me @ tito@cgnetworks.com for the award .psd file

salud

03 March 2003
Well deserved award! Congrats

03 March 2003
Indeed, congrats

ACM | SIGGRAPH Student Chapter of The Art Institute of California - San Francisco

Personal Website

04 April 2003
looks great and what is even better is how much information you provided into how it was made. Nice job!

Gallery Pages
SFS Forum is here. 2MB attachments are allowed on these forums.
SFS Gallery is here. 50MB free display space for your artwork.

04 April 2003
I want to thank everyone again for your compliments and critiques! (And especially thank Lildragon for mentioning the Book on CGTalk and 3DFestival!) I am honored by receiving the "CG Talk Choice" award; there are fantastic works within those who have received it.

I just want to say again that CG is something _anyone_ can do, and do to the level they want to. It's _supposed_ to be fun! All you've got to do is to put the little bits-and-pieces together, (the same bits-and-pieces everyone else is working with,) in a way that results in something you like. Having Fun, Playing with it is the Key! Whether you're working in Lightwave or XSI, Photoshop or with colored Earth mixed with oil, how you feel while you're doing the work will come straight through what it is you do.

Being able to share the bits-and-pieces I've stumbled across in my journey with others who will be able to take them and add their own spin to them is the kickenest-buttonest thing around. I want to see what others do with this stuff! I want you guys to do work so cool that it makes everyone who looks at it not be able to wait to grab their tools-of-choice and start doing their own thing!

Inspiration is something we pass around to each other through what we do, (and usually the stuff that is most Inspirational is the stuff the Artist who created it most wanted to see, more-than-anything-else). In helping and Inspiring others, we are helping and Inspiring ourselves!

04 April 2003
oh my god! it's soooooooooo nice! how can u do that man!

04 April 2003
Worley Labs, ( http://www.worley.com ) has two tutorials up now, exploring the furring techniques used in creating this image.

Timothy

03 March 2005
OH MY GOD! finally, some1 does something w/ one of my favorite wild cats...it's kicks butt! i love it to death. great job, hope there are more wildcats to come!

Thread Closed share thread