Cheetah, Amadhi (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #31

Old 03 March 2003   #32
cheetah rulezzzzzzz!!!

Old 03 March 2003   #33
Very cool! I love the eyes and the fur.
Great work

http://scorpes.3dhype.com

Old 03 March 2003   #34
Wow. This is utterly fantastic work. I've gone through a couple of your books and truely admire your ability. Any hints on when we can get your new book and some details on whats in side? Between you and Leigh's new book this could be a great year for LW book reading!!!!

Old 03 March 2003   #35
wow nice! looks great

Old 03 March 2003   #36
Very nice work

Old 03 March 2003   #37
lightwave render is definately better than maya! sigh.. de cheetah is, phwoar, perfect! i gt get some lightwave...

Old 03 March 2003   #38
The only thing I can say except for wow... Would be that the muzzle might be a bit too wide, just my opinion though.

Old 03 March 2003   #39
Hello, this is deffinately a great piece. I really like seeing renders of animals and I love everything about this one, especially the soft lighting, the fur, coloring and the dof .

Laters,
Riddlaz C.

Old 03 March 2003   #40
Hey she scrath my face!

Excellent work, I mean

----
What you get from Maya is related to How much put you in.

PS: Maya have no renderer like others. Maya have pure pixel utilities. You know that or not!

Old 03 March 2003   #41
Whow, i like animals, i like this.
But what are you doing in Alaska ? I am really curious.
Perhaps the nose is a bit to hardlined, shoddily black. without skin
and pores.

Old 03 March 2003   #42
The "Painterly" effect is gotten mainly through decisions made in the lighting/coloring process. In a nutshell, it is using "Artistic License" to not go about "re-creating Reality," but to make a statement about how an experience makes you _feel_. Difficult to put into words, but _easy_ to learn: Find a painting that really "gets your juices flowing," and re-create it in the software of your choice. My own personal "limitations" for my using this process is to use only the tools I would have access were this a single frame of a production, (no re-touching in Photoshop, but anything I can do in a compositing program I'd be _willing_ to do to hundreds/thousands of frames is acceptable).

"Within the Tall Grass" consists of two Lightwave "Plates" and a BG generated in Digital Fusion. Plate1: Cheetah, exported with straight-matte Alpha, and a Depth Buffer. Plate2: Grass, (rendered at resolution because it will be blurred), exported with straight-matte Alpha.

BG layer created at final frame res. in DF. (One color for every corner.)

Grass Plate blurred and composited onto the BG, copied, "Inverted" left-to-right and blurred more, (to get the feeling of more layers of grass). Simple Gradient applied with "Burn" to darken and saturate Grasses to my liking.

Cheetah, rendered with my "Theatrical" "4-Point Lighting Setup," (LW, L-Script available free from the Tools section of http://Timothy.ArtistNation.com , and using the nifty little technique hopefully to be making an appearance on Worley Labs' Tutorials pages,) composited on top of previous two layers, using "Z-Buffer Blurring" to create DOF, (It's a bit of a "fake," but it is waay faster than LW's "Real-world" DOF calculations). Some small "Poly-masks" created, (in DF,) for darkening/saturating/lightening certain areas of the Cheetah, effectively "re-lighting" him to my taste!

Easy is right!

Timothy

Old 03 March 2003   #43
Meeeooowww!!!

Purrr purr purrr....purrr.....purrrr....

top notch work Timothy!!

Old 03 March 2003   #44
very cool, i love i..gr8 work

Old 03 March 2003   #45
that's loco dude

Check out the Latinamerican Thread

Thread Closed share thread