Cheetah, Amadhi (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #16
nice...

do they explain how to get these kind of results in the book?

if so then i'll get one

Old 03 March 2003   #17
Thanks. It's the reason, after having "fought" with all major packages in various aspects of Production, I still come back to LW for my own personal use. Best "bang-for-the-buck." ("Within the Tall Grass" would have taken at least 1.5 "stress-fest" weeks, if not longer, on any other package I know.)

This guy wasn't initially intended for Animation, (though he is Rigged based on the work of my Character Animation book). But that's not to say that if I have a spare week somewhere he wouldn't find himself going through some Action.

The Body is modeled in the same manner is explained in the Character Modeling Chapter. His head is modeled in the same manner as the Human Head Modeling Chapter, (just using Cheetah Reference instead of Human reference).

For the Fur, There are tutorials I'm in-process on for Worley Labs' site, (http://www.worley.com/,) for using Sasquatch to create "Realistic" fur.

And, I'd like to really thank the comments that this looks more like a Painting than a Photo. I've been exploring using 3D to get "Painterly" effects and have bee just loving the things the process uncovers. I'm glad others also feel the result is "Artistic!" (Did a short article for Keyframe Magazine #32 on using 3D in this way). It's really rewarding, and I encourage others to play in that direction!

Timothy

Old 03 March 2003   #18
woooo

very cool...

only crit'...I would put the iris a little bit (very subtle) lower... they are a bit high and maybe cut too much by the eyes...

Old 03 March 2003   #19
Albee is my personal Hero.....the man has skillz!

Old 03 March 2003   #20

cool!!!!!!!!

Old 03 March 2003   #21
Is there anything Lightwave can't do?

Old 03 March 2003   #22
Baby is right...

Nice job...

only crit'...I would put the iris a little bit (very subtle) lower... they are a bit high and maybe cut too much by the eyes

Love Cheetas!!!

Old 03 March 2003   #23
Wow Timothy, you work FAST.

I love how sinister he looks too. The wet fur really adds a lot of character. You can tell this cheetah means business. Hands down great work!

The Sea Outpost
My Cinematic Game Icon entry

Old 03 March 2003   #24
I learned a bit of maya, now im learning a bit of max, once I get a bit more efficient with max, my next package is lightwave.... this is makin' me anxious, lightwave looks awesome.
Great work, Cheers!

Old 03 March 2003   #25
wow, so good. the fur is perfect if you ask me.. Im sure it could be better, but I thought right away that judging by the skill put into this, it wouldn't look any other way than how you wnated it to. so doesnt that make it so it couldnt be better? No crits for me. Im just jealous at any rate

Old 03 March 2003   #26
ArcticWolfsong, Your works are great. Keep post the great work.

Old 03 March 2003   #27
Tim, This is just stunning!!!

That painterly effect is just georgeous!!! I hope that you find the time to give us a quick run down of what you did.

Your character animation book should be arriving on my doorstep in a matter of weeks! Your new lightwave book is on the must get list!!!

Beautifull Stuff!

ACM | SIGGRAPH Student Chapter of The Art Institute of California - San Francisco

Personal Website

Old 03 March 2003   #28
very cool, it looks great

Old 03 March 2003   #29
Exclamation

Old 03 March 2003   #30

Thread Closed share thread