Shiba Ryotaro Memorial Museum, Alex Roman (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2007   #61
wow amazing!!
5stars

Old 05 May 2007   #62
Wink

Very good technical artwork, looks like a photo. But my question is: what is the interest to copy a photo, except as for an technical exercise? It remember me the american "hyperrealist" movement painters in the sixties, replicating photo in acrylic media. In this case, photography should be a faster media to show your work!

Old 05 May 2007   #63
Wink

Originally Posted by LXC2000: Very good technical artwork, looks like a photo. But my question is: what is the interest to copy a photo, except as for an technical exercise? It remember me the american "hyperrealist" movement painters in the sixties, replicating photo in acrylic media. In this case, photography should be a faster media to show your work!

this is a emulational world.

Old 05 May 2007   #64
great details, nice texturework

it looks really big

Old 05 May 2007   #65
How did you get that photo feeling with v-ray? Must have used lots of photoshop. Amazing pic.

Old 05 May 2007   #66
Hey, Thanks a lot guyz&girls!

I dont remember how many of them i did... - i think it were around 4500. They're all vrayproxy and around 6.000.000 polys in thw whole scene.

I used vray physical-cam to be able to control f-stop, shutter, white balance, etc... and it was lit with several IES files and physical sun & sky.
However some color balancing, levels adjustment, etc... was done in PS

@LXC2000: Totally agree but this was a photograph, lighting and compositing exercise. In this case, the whole structure place was already built and my work is a personal CG version but that "hyperrealism" is often wanted for most of the un-built viz projects.

BR,

Alex.

Old 05 May 2007   #67
awesome. It is just amazing.

Old 05 May 2007   #68
amazing!!!goood!

Old 05 May 2007   #69
Talking

really awesome!
What the parameters of your VrayCam?

Can you post a tutorial of your photoshop works? (color balance, glow, ect)
Because i think this final touch is very important, and you mastered it

thank you

Old 06 June 2007   #70
Very nice image... But something is not quite right: the relative dimensions of the table, the chair, the steps to climb the book-wall..

I have never seen a library with all book so nicely fitting in square spaces.

If you wanted to trick your audience, I think you did very well, because the feeling is really good.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Old 06 June 2007   #71
realistic
amazing.........

Old 06 June 2007   #72
Absolutlely supurb! You do a great job with the camera work as well which really shows off your work. Like another guy said, photographic quality. Grreat Job. compliments.

Old 06 June 2007   #73
Awesome! I couldn't even believe that this was 3d for awhile.

Old 06 June 2007   #74
Nice work! Just one comment tho, I think the depth of field for some of them are too strong. I think you can try tuning it down a little to allow a more smooth transition? I don't know, it's just my opinion. Overall, it's very good!

Old 06 June 2007   #75
Excellent job mate ... thumps up, though id hate it if there was an earthquake and all them books fell down keep up the good work

Thread Closed share thread