Beetle - 1963, Vladislav Drumev (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2007   #16
Thanks for your comments and I'm very glad you liked it!

Old 04 April 2007   #17
Thumbs up Keep up the good work!

You rock man!!!
Whaiting for the next one

Old 04 April 2007   #18
Very well done! great textures,shaders and materials and great model. Only thing that buggers me is that the shadow under the car seems a bit too intense/dark compared to the photo...

cool work anyhoos!

Old 05 May 2007   #19
Extremley Nice, I have seen a lot of Cars Modeled, and I must say I do like the detail you put on the Beatle, the dirt on the sides of the car makes it that much more believable.

Great job keep it up

Old 05 May 2007   #20
This work is amazing!

Old 05 May 2007   #21
This is indeed wonderfull. It looks lovely and so real, and the car almost shows emotion. My only crit would be the already mentioned shadow angle, and besides i think the shadow of the car is a tiny bit too dark, compared to the shadow of the building behind it.

Old 05 May 2007   #22
Originally Posted by Its-all-about-cg: Very nice work on the texturing and modeling! Lighting looks nice as well, but shouldn't the car be darker on the one side facing the camera? If you look at the building behind it, it appears to be in total shade. But I could be mistaken.

I agree, the area under the canopy of the building is in shade indicating the light is above and/or behind the buildings but side of the car facing the camera has highlights as if the sun is above the camera... There is also something bothering me about the grafitti in the background, it looks too modern for 1963.

really good work though

Old 05 May 2007   #23
ah che krasivo! Strahotno! Perfectno blendva s zadnia fon Svetkavicata e chudesna i mnogo me kefe kalta haha! 5 Stars, great job

Old 05 May 2007   #24
Originally Posted by phOny: I agree, the area under the canopy of the building is in shade indicating the light is above and/or behind the buildings but side of the car facing the camera has highlights as if the sun is above the camera... There is also something bothering me about the grafitti in the background, it looks too modern for 1963.

really good work though

i too agree about the lighting, but its not that big of a deal. the average person probably wouldn't notice it.

as for the grafitti, just cause the car is from the 60's doesnt mean the location is as well. Old bugs are still driven on the road today.

Old 05 May 2007   #25
Nice work man!

Facebook page: Maksan3D

Old 05 May 2007   #26
Thumbs up Good One

HI!

Its very good work, You are talented person, Keep on improve it.

Best Regards
Krishna

Old 05 May 2007   #27
One ofe the greatest images I have seen on CG Society.. Congragilations man! Model is realy realy great and has a good poly distribution.

I wonder if you you fill us in about if the background is a photo or not...

Did you use any 3d objects but the beattle? ( by the way it is my favorite car we used to have one of them. That was orange color )

Keep it up man, nice job..

Ozioz

Old 05 May 2007   #28
very nice work, exalently done. But i think theres one thing that you may need to do. Add some scuffs or something to the hud of the car. You can see the trash and the graphetie and such so the car should be a little bit beeten up. The tires are very well done at that. Keepup the good work my friend!

Old 05 May 2007   #29
Exclamation *****

I like the first and the second one equally- both are GREAT- makes little difference turning down the reflex but it's just too AWESOME to begin with- *****-

Old 05 May 2007   #30
this is a good work but i tink the integration could be better. As I can see, this is probably du to the car shadows that are too dark. If you look on the left of the picture you can see that shadows are brighter and also more diffused. But dirt are really cool man, and so is for reflections. But finally i think you could do some little adjustements to make this better.

Thread Closed share thread