Wall, Henning Ludvigsen (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2007
NICE, very inspirational.

04 April 2007
Amazing and sensual work

04 April 2007
Thumbs up

Ohhh....wow , Henning. I´m stunned again.
That´s one of the gratest of your paintings...her skin & the hair are superb...the details are mind blowing. A real masterpiece...it will be great if you create a tutorial about the making process of this fantastic piece of art .

04 April 2007
Wow. Anatomy and skin tones are fantastic. All around atmosphere fantastic. But I think its her blank stare that sends it over the top. NICE!

04 April 2007
A great image. I like the way the feathers in her hair eco the scratches..cool.

04 April 2007
Another beautifully conceived and executed piece Henning. Exquisite stuff. The anatomy and lighting are to die for.

Cheers,
Nick

04 April 2007
Wow, Henning, it's definitely one of your best. The skintones are original and rich, the girl's anatomy beautiful, the concept interesting. What can I say, another masterpiece from you~! (5 stars of course)

04 April 2007
Wow! Lots of replies :-) Thank you very much everyone, things are kind of crazy nowadays, so it's hard to find time to check in as often as I want to.

Gmax:
Thank you, I wanted to create something with a bit of feeling for once, I hope I managed to get close at least :-)
Poshspice: Thanks :-) Yeah I know what you mean. I actually did make the saturation stronger a few times, but I think I managed to restrain from doing it too much.

VishyP: Thanks! I wanted to keep the palette simple and clean. No strong colours, and as few details as possible.

Intervain: Yeah, you might be right. I didn't plan on adding the blood, and tried this in the end. Still, I kinda like that she has a calm emotion while still bleeding :-)

Pegahoul: Thank you , Sir :-)

Rudds:
Thanks! Yes, I prefer starting off in grey-scale, especially when working with characters. Some start off with colours, but I figured out that I work best if I wait with colours and get the shape up and running first. And yeah, I do paint over the grey-scale plenty of times throughout the process. I start by applying rough colours using a brush set to "color" mode, and after that, just a normal brush.

kiboSVK: Thank you, I love working with skin tones, light and shadow.

matejkovacic: Thanks! I hope you found something helpful over there.

radkrish: Thanks to you as well!

MoonVisionStudio: Thanks Jose! Yeah, you might be right, but when I added the blood quite late in the process just as a test, I kinda liked her calm expression.

andreasrocha: Thanks! It's too easy to be tempted to just copy the layer of the character, make it black and add a blur and 50% opacity for shadows. But by spending just a little bit of extra time, it just works better when you give the light source and angle.
IldS: Hehe, thanks!

AIR: Yeah, legs would probably work, but I chose this because I had to make it a landscape. If I was to paint it in standing format, I would probably have added some more of the legs :-)
smooth operator: Thank you! I am working In Athens (quite far north, close to the Olympic complex). The company is Aventurine and we are currently working on Darkfall, an upcoming MMORPG game.

Scorned1: Thank you, very nice to hear!

PapaNinja: That was what I was hoping for, thank you!

digitalinkrod: I did save tons of progress steps of this one as it was ment for a competition (and you had to prove that you made it...). So writing a little something for this piece might actually be a good idea, thanks!

Samuraikuroi: Wow, thanks for noticing! I'm quite satisfied with her expression.

kary: Thank you!

scarletknight:
Good to hear :-) I was a bit worried that the feather and the scratches behind got a little messy.

Nickillus: Thank you Nick!

BlacKeri: *puts your stars in my pocket* Thank you very much, Martha!

--------------------------------------------
[ digital art by henning ludvigsen ]

04 April 2007
Wow! 5 stars from me. Incredible detail. Totally convincing skin tones. Great composition.

Damon Du Bois
Freelance 3D Environment Artist
www.damondubois.com

04 April 2007
Wonderful and supple. Beautifully rendered. My only crit would be to have slightly higher contrast directional lighting to pick up even more of her sculptural body.

04 April 2007
Lovely painting. I admire the coloring, contrast and composition.
Looking at your working steps also makes me understanding the shadow on the wall better. I first thought it was wrong but now I see and understand that it's correct.
Hands seem a bit small, though.

04 April 2007
Great image

The image is great.. the concept is wonderful, but for once I think the nude detracts. Unless it is more of a form study.

Your piece is more about the wall and how/why she is doing it, so having her nude (inexplicably) detracts from the overall message.

For instance.. were she nude.. in teh shower scratching at the walls like that.. or perhaps in her sleep..

I don't know.. maybe I'm looking too much into it...

Beautiful work great form...

04 April 2007
wow ! No crits now...

It's superb ! 5 stars ! Kind of image that let us thinking.

Congratulations !

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

04 April 2007
Thumbs up wow!

amazing work!

Thread Closed share thread