The Hunter, Alessandro Baldasseroni (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2007   #61
Thumbs up

UAAAAAU! Excellent work 5* from me

Old 03 March 2007   #62
Nothin like your trustee flame thrower. Five stars!

Old 03 March 2007   #63
I'd say it's absolutly amazing work

Old 03 March 2007   #64
Excellent work Alessandro!! *****
Great characters!!

Old 03 March 2007   #65
At GDC, I saw this poster and fell in love w/ it! I wanted a copy but they didn't have any left. =( Freaking awesome modeling. All those little pieces in the armor... whew. That must've been a LOT of work. Beautiful model. Are you working for Massive Black? They seem to be doing alot w/ Hellgate.

Old 03 March 2007   #66
really nice!

Old 03 March 2007   #67
WOW thanks so much for the appreciation!

Zorrino : Thank you man!

s-rajesh78 : Thanks!

Intervain : Thank you Magdalena !

BeSStia : Well...thanks for such consideration !

FabioMSilva : Glad you like it! ^^

wowbaggin : Thanks!

RocketR : Well, even if this is not that strictly photorealistic...thanks!!

Richit : ^^

rufux : Thank you!

soulburn3d : Thanks Neil....considering you who are the guy who inspired me years back to start this profession...i feel honoured of the appreciation...really.

ACantarel : Thanks man...the model took me more or less 12 days, the illustration maybe one month of spare time.

ZhangYang84 : Thanks!!

Fox : Awwww, Fallout!!!...i loved that ..How close we are to the invasion of London ? Hum...not sure yet, just check www.hellgatelondon.com from time to time for the latest news!

prox-emics : Uh...thanks man..well, i love character modelling..well, that`s not totally true...i love modelling in general, and i love to contestualize them in the end...did i answer ?

scrimski : Massive Photoshopping of course...several layers of colour balance, painted stuff ,compositing of painted background elements and stuff like that.

hominid : Ah...really ? i wasn`t aware of that...good to know for next projects, thanks for the appreciation!

cecofuli : Beh, mi fa piacere cmq far vedere le cose in giro...poi su treddi ci sono tante persone simpatiche ^^

Layer 01 : Yeah, i hear you and i agree about some "flatness" of the illustration.
I can tell you that i "tried" to get an illustrative feeling, more than a standard realistic 3d visualization approach, this implies flattening things a bit, speculars are not as neat as they are in reality, lighting is fake in some parts....and yes, contrast tends to be reduced.
Even colour variations has been something to think about, and i agree when you say that probably it`s a little monochromatic.But i want to explain why :

The point is that you generally start in these kind of artworks with models with a given style and texture palette... so putting them togheter into a convincing illustration is sometime a bit "tricky" because part of the colour scheme is already set from the beginning. This is first limitation. Then it comes posing the characters in a way that they doesn`t look stiff and boring....this may sound obvious, but even if you get a nice "correct" pose from a rigging and anatomical point of view...you notice that something from a "comic style" point of view is not working...so you start forcing proportions and perspective...sometime it`s a real pain.

That said, when u get something visualing appealing from an illustrative point of view, you feel very lucky

I appreciate very much your critique man, because i saw myself facing those problems you mentioned... i think that i managed to solve them in part, but probably there is still some things to improve and my workflow needs to be perfectioned even though i really think that 3D is not the best medium to produce this kind of illustrative things....but since i can`t paint in 2D (sigh)...i do my best with it

Thanks.

Hynol : Thanks sir!

JackZhang : thanks!

PitipongP : Thank you sir!

ZhengXiQiang : Yes...that has been made in post to flatten things a bit . Thanks!

SheepFactory : AH...did u see the cinematic ? If not check blur`s website...i think they made a wonderful job animating it! Thanks for the appreciation!

bluehonda : Grazie mille! (thanks very much in italian!)

R3desiGN : Thanks!

sergage : Thanks man!

younglion : I`ll do my best! thanks!

leishen : Thanks!

snwbrdn7 : ahaha thanks !

Klicek : thanks!

CompuGraph i don`t know...maybe 500.000 in render ? thanks!

Stefan-Morrell : thanks man, really appreciated!

darthmaya : Yes...i love Blur too

AVTPro : Well, first of all the design is not mine ... then it works as all the other freelance commissions...you`re usually paid at the end of the job and the intellectual property is of the owners of the game/projects.

kazziu : Sorry man, i don`t have any closeup of that kind at the moment :/

send2raj : Thanks!

Jedi-Juice : Glad you like it man!

HoH : Thanks!

Jadetiger : ^O^ flame throwers all around the world!

OSSYFFER : thanks man!

AlexStratulat : Thanks man, keep going with your great char modelling !

Digiegg : Glad you like it man , i used to freelance for Massiveblack from time to time!

TES : thanks man!

Some additional material :

Ale

Personal portfolio

Facebook page

Character modeling for production DVD

Old 03 March 2007   #68
Allasandro,...damn. I think this is my favorite. Yep. Best I've seen from your collection. Keep it up!

Old 03 March 2007   #69
Thumbs up Grut shot!

Yeah... i must say that this picture is simply amazing, i like all, the color, the pose, the light and the background... ALL...

5* for me!

Old 03 March 2007   #70
very impressive work! congrats!!

Website
The Otherworld

Old 03 March 2007   #71
Woooooow.
Well done.really nice job
Good luck.

Hamed katebi

- -My Blog - -

Old 03 March 2007   #72
Awesome stuff mam. cool model.

Myspace www.myspace.com/olszakmike

Sketchbook

Old 03 March 2007   #73
This is best work what i see in this year!
Great!

Old 03 March 2007   #74
Awesome pic! Nothing more to say!

Old 03 March 2007   #75
beautifull......awsome...5 stars!!!

Thread Closed share thread