Snowbike, Bambam (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #16
brilliant, love the first image.
One crit: direction of light on the moon is opposite the direction of the light on your subject. Of course I'm assuming that that the same light source was meant to illuminate the moon and the subject. If not, please disregard my crit!

regards,
-Elliot

Old 03 March 2003   #17
Wow! i really love the design on her vehicle! very original, and the rendered image looks awesome!! keep it up!

http://www.junkbattles.com

Old 03 March 2003   #18
looks great, interesting design, can't really spot any major flaws. I like the first one better than the second.

Gallery Pages
SFS Forum is here. 2MB attachments are allowed on these forums.
SFS Gallery is here. 50MB free display space for your artwork.

Old 03 March 2003   #19
Very nice design in snow vehicle, but i feel "so squared" the girl. You may give her better forms and curves.

Keep up the good work!

Old 03 March 2003   #20
That's really cool. I have one question and one critique. The question, how does the vehicle turn? The critique, the spread of her legs and the way her feet are pointed forwards doesn't look right. If you try to sit like that it's really uncomfortable, and you couldn't hold it for long if you even could bend that way. The picture and vehicle are really cool though!

Ezra

Old 03 March 2003   #21
Very cool concept, and extremely well executed! What can I say but "WELL DONE"!

Old 03 March 2003   #22
no offense, just thought it was funny. it reminds me if "it" on southpark. lol

nicely done dude

Old 03 March 2003   #23
Ouchie

It would suck if she hit the breaks too fast and the wheel kept turning from her weight being so high up on the top. THUDUMP! THUDUMP! THUDUMP! THUDUMP! THUDUMP! Girlie Pancake or better yet, a self contained speed bump for the vehicle!

I do like the design though but I see it as pretty impractical in a realworld situation.

Kyph

www.kyphur.com

Old 03 March 2003   #24
...one a side note:

One thing, from an engineering point of view would be a functional suspension system, or else the rider is gonna get his/her groin/nads hammerd!

Another problem would be track surface area, there just isnt enough to support a rider in deep snow.

I still really like the concept.

Old 03 March 2003   #25
Very cool idea and executed well. I love things that couldn't possibly function in the real world!

I'd love to see more dramatic shots like the first one. The girl seems a bit detatched from it in the second shot. Maybe have her draped seductively over it??!

Old 03 March 2003   #26
Talking

Excellent work, i love the freeze frame of action. Like some kind of crazy midnight arctic chase set in the snowcovered future. Great stuff. If you can post some 'in progress' images that would be cool to see.

Old 03 March 2003   #27
Very nice!!!

The Ice in the wheel is an awesome touch!

ACM | SIGGRAPH Student Chapter of The Art Institute of California - San Francisco

Personal Website

Old 03 March 2003   #28
GREAT JUMPING MONKEY BALLS....

That is sooooo cool.

I really like the design and the texturing is great.

The feel of the first shot is great. The second is nice but the action in the first feels really cool.

L

Old 03 March 2003   #29
WOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!!! Thats damn good. I must admit, thats at the top of the list in modeling and teexturing, just all of it rolled in one.

Old 03 March 2003   #30
Very nice work there. An chance of letting us know how you achieve the translucent effect on the ice materials in the second image.
Thanks!

Thread Closed share thread