Guildenstern, Martin Krol (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2007
Hey Martin,

Great model, the transition from head to hair is especially well done. I do think that you are loosing too much detail with your photoshoped version, looks like an underexposed photo which is a shame since it's such a beautiful sculpt. Anyway, great work, can't wait to see more now that you guys are done with the messengers.

Cheers!

03 March 2007
good job

good job man it's fantastic good good goood.

03 March 2007
great sculpting.

03 March 2007
i told u my opinions on this one before, but doesnt hurt to say it again, great work!

03 March 2007
congrats Martin, this rocks so much !
Very academic, and not boring. It's more than a regular copycat thing.
keep groovin' freaking caribou !

03 March 2007
Wooooww!! This is great!!
Awesome all things on this image!!
Fantastic!

Visit my Kerry Dancer - http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?f=132&t=448778&highlight=kerry

03 March 2007
...very good job man

-cheerZ-

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by plunq: Hey Martin,

Great model, the transition from head to hair is especially well done. I do think that you are loosing too much detail with your photoshoped version, looks like an underexposed photo which is a shame since it's such a beautiful sculpt. Anyway, great work, can't wait to see more now that you guys are done with the messengers.

Cheers!

well, we are done for good technically haha. you know what i mean

the reason you see a lot of the finer detail dissapear is because as far as a big sculpture goes, I think i over did it. looking at some sculptures done in the past, sculptors skipped out on the finest strands of hair, or the smallest wrinkles. so i sort of played around in photoshop toning those details down a bit. i agree, its sad to see some of the work dissapear. But, this guy isnt finished. When i take my break from work, and freelance is done, I will try to get this guy fully sculpted up before the release of zb 3.0. Im not sure if i mentioned, but I do have a full body made for him. I am only showing a small portion of the whole.
http://ludios.org/photos-data/ca-ca...itol-statue.jpg

thanks for the kind comments guys n gals!.

03 March 2007
Very nice. My only criticism would be the title. He seems too noble to be Guildenstern... Unless it's not Hamlet's Guildenstern.

03 March 2007
Cool very good job

i love your work.it seems like real

03 March 2007
my nose was right

CONGRATS CHOICE AWARD !!

03 March 2007
Originally Posted by Fox: my nose was right

CONGRATS CHOICE AWARD !!

thank you for keeping the hope alive.! haha

Quote: Very nice. My only criticism would be the title. He seems too noble to be Guildenstern... Unless it's not Hamlet's Guildenstern.

I thought about that too, but my intention wasnt to create a Hamlets' character. I just like the name, so I used it

03 March 2007
Thumbs up

A heap of thought and detail I can't begin to imagine how it's done. Excellent, 5 stars

03 March 2007
That's so detailed, from the model to the bump mapping and the texture, a really amazing 3D piece, thanks for sharing it with us!

03 March 2007
Great image... I saw it in the demo video of ZBrush 3. Is this geometry in the range of millions of polygons? because the detail is really impressive.

Thread Closed share thread