Maker Of Body Mouse And Other Fine Products, Chrislomaka (3D), (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2002   #31
Thanks everyone for all the praise and comments. It's been a really great experience being here on the forums.

body mouse joystick? oh man, i can see the hate mail now... heh...

nipple keyboard... i'd so not get any work done. but cool idea.

maybe i should do some speakers made out of ears...

AND I GOT ONTO CG CHANNEL!!!
YES!

thanks again, everybody

www.chrislomaka.com

Old 04 April 2002   #32
ooops your site just shut down.. too many people

Old 04 April 2002   #33
yeah, brinkster went down pretty quickly; angelfire just a little bit ago. at least angelfire reopens (semi)hourly or so. just gotta deal w. all those popups...

www.chrislomaka.com

Old 04 April 2002   #34
omg that's just so disgusting, i love it

Old 04 April 2002   #35
That is amazingly nasty. Good work, it rox.

D

Old 04 April 2002   #36
how

Holy shaizer...that looks awesome. How'd you make that? I wanna make one =)

Old 04 April 2002   #37
Thumbs down WOW

WOW, me and my dad thought of the idea of a Butt and the clickers are butt cheeks lol just a thought. but WOW man good job (when i acctually type out Good Job instead of GJ i really mean it lol) I'll definatly buy one if it comes out for sale. 5 STARS DEFINATLEY!

Old 04 April 2002   #38
ahaaahahahahahahahah
CRAZY!!!!

Old 04 April 2002   #39
Talking Send This to MOMA!

What a unique design, and so well executed!

Too bad you haven't built it yet.

You need to send this to the Museum of Modern Art in New York.

They've got a huge collection of design objects, from Mac computers to forks to toothbrushes.

This would definitly fit right in.

And, as you said, it's a great commentary on how we interface with technology.

Absolutely brilliant.

Old 04 April 2002   #40
Damn! I need one of these.

One suggestion. Instead of the Rolling Eyeball, use an optical, thereby making the eye stationary and glowing an evil, terminator-like red from its center!

Since your badwidth has been sucked up by us freaks, what other delights can we see there?

Old 04 April 2002   #41
wow, i can't believe the response here

That just can't be an accurate number of views... Thanks again for all the comments, they mean a lot to me.

On the advise of all, I'm looking into the possibilities of getting this produced, the first steps of which are getting this design copywrited or such. Actually, if there's interest, i might do a post for those that want to know such things; I know copywrite laws aren't my strong point (thank goodness one of my friends is a lawyer). It might take a bit, as I want to make sure my info's accurate and complete, though.

Wintermute2030: you're so right; this is just strange enough for them to consider.

Mr. Noodle: butt-mouse ACK!!!

FrumpyJones: red, glowing optical; plus chrome-plated plastic... body-mouse special edition. heh. as to see other artwork of mine, try http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2461 .
as far as what's on my web site (for those waiting for it to come back online), it has lots of sketches, low-poly 3d, high-res 3d, some game stuff, a tutorial for creating a ship and adding it into the game HomeWorld, and of course the obligatory resume and contact info.

I'm really amazed my all this, and I thank you all.

www.chrislomaka.com

Old 04 April 2002   #42
Chris this is
A TRUE MASTERPIECE.

Excellent brilliant amazing work!!! And my most humble congratulations on getting on CG Channel - you are a master of the trade!!
5 stars from me (100 stars if I could give them )

Old 04 April 2002   #43
The reason that your thread has been viewed so many times is because people like myself were sent a link in a popular technology newsletter we subscribe to known as "Mike's List". Here is the particular excerpt that concerns this thread.

Quote: PhotoShop Phonies

The "Body Mouse" looks freakishly real (inserted link here). The top looks like toes and the bottom like teeth. Don't worry, it doesn't exist in real life. The "Body Mouse" is an art project created by Chris Lomaka.

And this is how I stumbled here myself. >=)

(No Leigh, you are not the only female)

Old 04 April 2002   #44
Freaky and Awesome!

Chris - I love it! I'd buy one just to keep my wife away from my computer. Muhahahahah.

Anyway - good to see you doing well. I missed your expertise at the school when you left. Noone there helped me as much as you did, I wish you could have been around for the last few classes ... I had nothing but trouble trying to get a demo done for graduation. Ugh!

One of your students,

Kirt Stanke
aka the soccer-playing robots guy

Old 04 April 2002   #45
Nah, I wouldn't change it to an optical for the sheer fact that I love the worn texturing on the mouse ball too much. Nailed the paint-on-rubber look there, good combination of texture and shader. As brilliantly disturbing as the rest of the render is, that's my favourite feature for some reason.

Thread Closed share thread