Bad To The Bone, Kosta Atanasov (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
I like it

Hey I realy like this but it looks like your shit wasn't done to scale I guess thats why your biker dude looks like a freakn midget.

02 February 2007
Excellent piece, at first I was sure it was a real miniature! I'd really love to see some stuff from the make of..

02 February 2007
Whoa, rad pic man =D! Not just bad-to-the-bone but really BAD@$$ . Nice bike too. lol my first thought when i saw the pic the first time was the one of the guys from the show American Chopper lol

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

Unhumanity

02 February 2007
Nice work. And awesome style

02 February 2007
Thats awesome man. I love the clarity and visial style of it all. Thats some nice work right there. 5 stars.

02 February 2007
Cool thanx!

thanx for your comments guys, and thanx to the mods for the choice award! I'm honored. Here's a bit more info about the project, coppied it off my web. Hope it's well explained, my english is not the best Thanx once again!

The bike is far from finished, still untextured, and the sculls, where they exist are directly exported from Zbrush geometry. As a whole I really like how the bike turned out, it fits perfectly in the vision of the film I have – slightly exaggerated lines, scaled up detail so stuff looks smaller and realistic render and lighting. I had to put quite a bit of research so I can get the engine stuff right – you may think I know my way around motorcycles, but I can only ride one, not understand it and know what is what All I know is how to amputate it’s gas pump (when it broke), which I’ve done on more than one occasion. Anyway, it was difficult to achieve that cause I wanted little detail, and still didn’t want to have the motorcycle feel not-real or not-ready-to-run.

Some more stuff I had in mind about the bike – these are excerpts of the pre-production of the project pages: Bad’s bike is just like him – gotten over his mid age, with a classic, old school appearance. A little dusty, with slightly darkened chrome – a true biker’s motorcycle, not the kind of bike a poser would ride on, but one for riding, one who has seen lots of lots of miles and will see times more. The bike is kept in the condition to work flawlessly, and about the outlook – well, Bad doesn’t care about that stuff. All covered with his favorite sculls, the bike is distinct and unique.

This is some part of the pre-production stage, so to say. Early sketches and concepts…

02 February 2007

…backdrop projects and mood-setting whatchacallits…

…super early variants of the bike and detail studies…

…various ideas for tattoos, pins and patches.

The “Live fast – die young” tattoo is a nice touch, I think, since Bad is obviously not young and just as obviously still alive. The other tattoos I chose to use were “Old Skull” and the classic “Mum” heart. I also like how the “Badass Biker Association” patch turned out – a black ass (the donkey kind of) with evil red eyes riding a bicycle – stuff like that is rarely noticed, but I really love detail of this kind. I really hope that someday I will finish this movie…

Click HERE to watch the presentation flic I did to accompany my exam papers. Had to rener stuff in a hurry, so most renders use baked in textures, even reflections - used V-ray, of course. The flic features some of the preproduction concepts as well as model presentation - rotation, details etc.

madm4tt,The music is George Thorgood's "Bad to the bone" – also the work in progres title of the movie.

Thanx guys!

02 February 2007
The blur effect works well, nice detail on the metal.

02 February 2007
Dude you have everything here! Now write a story and make a short!

02 February 2007
Thumbs up

very cool!
like a toy man

02 February 2007
Love it !

Wow man ! It's sooooo cool !
Absolutely love it !!!

P.s. There's wierd connection of eyebrows.

02 February 2007
Yeah ! Great toy-like style, I looove it

02 February 2007
Really nice work. I especially love how you have combined a really stylised look to the design of the character and the bike, whilst still retaining a certain amount of realism in the materials so it doesn’t appear too simplistic. I’m looking forward to seeing how the style translates into the environment.

02 February 2007
Incredible.
Congrats.

Thread Closed share thread