Bad To The Bone, Kosta Atanasov (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2007   #16
haha, youre character mad eme lough at first sight. Its awesome. Might be some kind of stereotype, but he kinda looks like the old dude at "Orange County Chopper", anyway.. Im digging it.

Old 02 February 2007   #17
Bravo! I love everything about this project. The character is "perfect" even without the detailed char. dev. paragraphs, I got all that from the visuals. The exaggerated scale of the bike details to enhance the miniature look is great. Even more impresive is the careful work you put into the developing all aspects of the project. The sketches you have on the project site are every bit as cool as the 3D work. I'm really looking forward to seeing this progress.

Can we get a bigger render p l e a s e?

Old 02 February 2007   #18
thanx

thanx guys! you're very kind, I'm really happy that you've liked the stuff. here's the big image

Old 02 February 2007   #19
WOW!

I really, really love this. Excellent miniature style, and after watching the youtube vid, i love the way you did his hair.
A fantastic character.

I seriously dont know why this isnt frontpage. After seeing that latest render, i had to squint to believe it was CG. Some bits of it, like the engine block of his bike look like a model. What renderer did you use?

5 Big fat yellow pointy uns' from me

Old 02 February 2007   #20
thanx Andy! The renderer is V-ray, It was actually rendered at V-ray headquarters, so to say, 'cause my machine was really stalling. Actually, the engine block of the bike, plus all other details of the bike itself were textured using projection from the camera, since I had no time to unwrap, plus I had the rigging of Bad is really bad and for this render only. If you look closely you can see the artefacts and stretching at the inner part of the leg thanx once again!

Old 02 February 2007   #21
I cant really notice any flaws whatsoever! The texturing is spot on. I can even pic up mateiral properties like pewter for the metal bits, and a realistic feeling patch on the spoof Bon jovi sew on patch (nice touch!).

Ive only just noticed, but i love the way his eyebrows float on top of his bandana. Class!

Old 02 February 2007   #22
Originally Posted by edcorusa: My duaghter and I really like it. Great modeling and texture. If I had to point one thing out it would be the depth of field is too strong. Really, really good job.

I agree, except I think the DOF actually helps to put the focus on Bad instead of the chopper.

Old 02 February 2007   #23
Very nice rendering and light, the pic looks awesome.
Nice character, but i think it could be better, my opinion, the pic is not for the front page...
Good Work! :>

Old 02 February 2007   #24
Good work man! You really managed to give me an impression that this is a toy.
Very interesting character design.

Old 02 February 2007   #25
Sweet, very nice modelling, textures, shading and render. I really like the chunky style and proportions of the character and the bike, especially the boots and the metal parts. I agree this should be on the frontpage right away.

Old 02 February 2007   #26
nice idea,nice skill,that is so fantastic

Old 02 February 2007   #27
It greatly upsets me this is not frontpage. I seriously thought it was a toy, which by the way would be awesome! The passion you put into this work is inspiring. Please, for the love of Pete, animate him in a short story!

5 stars

Old 02 February 2007   #28
thanx guys, I will surely try Here's a small render of the bike, almost same perspective 'cause of the camera mapping...

Old 02 February 2007   #29
This is amazing, as usual. Great work.

Old 02 February 2007   #30
Very Cool Model Mate...I like the render style...

Please could You tell me the title of the sound track song??

Bye

Thread Closed share thread