Alpine Village, Stefan Morrell (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2007
I can see myself flying into that scene, that's all i can tell you. 5*

02 February 2007
Wow... wonderful snow!

02 February 2007
Excellent work Stefan, are you going to make the parts available to us modelling plebs.

I think I've lost count of the releases by you that I've purchased, I'd love to add this to the count.

02 February 2007
Stefan,

Amazing work, as usual. Is part of this scene going to be available for purchase anytime? I have almost all of your other environments.

02 February 2007
great lighting, it really makes this scene become alive. great details and texturing as well.excellent work!

02 February 2007
Nice, very nice...show wire

03 March 2007
Thumbs up Yeah! Love it!

Hi Stefan,

great render and lighting.... i love a lot, good job man!!!
The snow is amazing!!

See u!

03 March 2007
thanks to CGSociety for the award..always appreciated

todd4cgi & AndrewMarch,sorry this was made for my own use & way too many shortcuts were taken to make it viable as a commercial model(viewed from any other angle you'll see gaping holes in the mesh)

here's a link to the thread I was reffering to for the snow shader
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...&highlight=snow
Dave Black & DerPapa both came up with some excellent examples
I stayed pretty faithfull to DerPapa's shader,just with new textures & a bit of displacement added

thanks again for the comments

03 March 2007
Beautifull image! Excellent rendered. It has the deep and strenght to transport you to some other place. Even though there is no people around I can fell them working and living inside. It remembered me a place on a novel I recently read: "Consider Phlebas" by Iain M. Banks.
Congratulations!

03 March 2007
Holy sh..., Can't belive it! Dunno what to write! I'm simply amazed that I could help you out a bit, on this fantastic image!

cheers
Michael

03 March 2007
wow, this is gorgeous. great job on the snow.

03 March 2007
how it is done?

hi every one am new to this forum and i just came across this jaw dropping 3D work that i have never seen before. am doing bachelors in computer sci and engineering , and i wud like to go for a masters in VFX. well wat i want to know it how is this work done?? do i just need to learn maya,3dmaxstudio, fotoshop and other rendering and lighting softwares to make a CG like that ?? or do i need to have a a strong drawing skills of human anatomy and human expression ,which i fear i dont have!! :( :( am sure there are so many experts here who wud love to answer my question more over my field of instrut is VFX it wud be nice if any one of you can help me out with tips and suggestion on hw to start a carrer in VFX!

03 March 2007
This is beautiful work

I'm nowhere near this level in 3D so it seems wrong to crit but I do think it needs something. My preference would be for a snowborder, glider, patrolman, more snow/wind effecting the air but this is all hearsay. It is an amazingly well crafted and rendered scene

03 March 2007
Beautiful piece, I love landscape portraits. Bravo!

03 March 2007
The image is great, I'd love to see some christmas lights in there but the two closest walkways dont seem to go anywhere... I can see the others are actually buried in snow, but the close ones just kind of end....

Thread Closed share thread