Whacked Lineup, Anticz (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2003   #31
I talked to Dan/synj a while back and he mentioned that he worked on this game, so I went out and got it. Great job, Its a blast to play with all my friends. I love the character design, and the sets also look very cool. The humor in the game is great, its totally on my top ten list.

#343: I hope I never have to use my underpants as a flag, because after that I could never let my underpants touch the ground.

Old 01 January 2003   #32
That is WHACKED

I haven't played the game yet, but I've been keeping an eye on it for a while. I LOVE the style - great characters. I just checked your website - very cool stuff! I'm a new fan of your work and I've been a fan of Synj's for a couple of years now - what a great art team! Every review I've read of Whacked comments on the cool look of the game. Congrats to you and the entire art team!

Old 01 January 2003   #33
Great stuff dude, I think I saw that second guy as some quizmaster in a very funny race shooter or something :] Great work.

Old 01 January 2003   #34
Thumbs down great !

really great style and moddeling work , i definitely want to see more of the Chick ( uncensored )

greetz from Germany
DKnight

Old 01 January 2003   #35
really nice character
it will be cool to see model sheet
really

AOKI

Old 01 January 2003   #36
Holy cow! I just posted this last night and already so many posts. Thanks for the feedback and support everyone. OK, on to the questions.

azazel,
The censor bars are actually part of the character design. Since we couldn't have nudity (Teen rated game) we thought it would be funny to have a naked girl anyway and just stick a couple censor bars on her.

urgaffel,
Yep, Synj (aka Dan Paladin who's also on this forum) was my better half for this game. The two of us each did about half of the animation.

Dreamwave,
The demo is free. The full retail version is alot more fun.

Frank Dodd,
52 min between Dan and I in about 3 1/2 monthes and so far, everyone I know that's seen them, has enjoyed them.

akela,
The game is for Xbox and XboxLive. Developed in Max. Each in game character took about a month to build an animate, and the cinematic movies were done in 3-4 monthes.

Brown_V,
Thanks for the support. Already found a job. Didn't take long. I'm doing well, how are you?

Battousai,
Like I said before, the censor bars are actually part of the character design. Can't stress that enough.

SGT.Squeaks,
WhooHooo!!!! Glad you enjoyed it.

Toxic Frog,
Thanks, I'm sure they'll all appreciate hearing that. While I'm on the subject, did I mention Kelly Standard and James Rochelle textured these and all the other artists that worked on this game who kick butt as well.

Thanks again to everyone that posted here. Here's one of the model sheets. I'll post another one later.

www.anticz.com
www.nyxies.com
===================

Old 01 January 2003   #37
The censor bars are actually part of the character design. Since we couldn't have nudity (Teen rated game) we thought it would be funny to have a naked girl anyway and just stick a couple censor bars on her.

I like that way of solving problems

Old 01 January 2003   #38
Anyone see the whacked ad that was on Xbox.com for about a day before it was taken off?

#343: I hope I never have to use my underpants as a flag, because after that I could never let my underpants touch the ground.

Old 01 January 2003   #39
Hi anticz, what an awesome characters u got there....
I'd be really happy if u can post a picture of every character close up ...thanks

Old 01 January 2003   #40
So that's where Game Developer Magazine got it's cover character for the 'Presto Studios shuts down' issue.

Great models! More sheets! (repetitive, i know, but well earned repetiveness!)

I was saddened to see Presto shut down. I remember getting "The Journeyman Project" with my first ever CD-Rom drive. God that game/series rocked. Put Myst to shame in my opinion (both visually and the audio). Almost scary to think that today's systems could run stuff like 'Journeyman' in realtime when back then it was amazing to just have such beautiful stills with overlayed video.

By time i get XBox Live (holding out til Halo 2) I'll have picked up Whacked! for certain.

Hope everyone at Presto's able to get new jobs in the game industry (or where-ever they roam) as they deserve them.

Old 01 January 2003   #41
What a bunch of freaks. Great characters. I love 'em.

Old 01 January 2003   #42
OMG I love that character all of em actually. I love the way you have the rabbits nubs all bandaged. Refers to how people like cutting off rabbit feet and keeping em for good luck right? Id love to see more character sheets. Heck put em all up if you have time

Old 01 January 2003   #43
YAY!!!

Now this is what I'm talking about!!!!

No Stormtroopers or Gollum here, just straight up goodness gracious awesome characters. YAY

I'm gonna cry. I love the originality!!! Style is a 10!!! Color is a 10, and naked chics always are a plus

Okay now to post some pinups without the blurbs of that girl, Hey its art right!!!

You get the Flog

and an

Old 01 January 2003   #44
Would love to see more. Post the modelsheets if possible.

great work!

Old 01 January 2003   #45
those are some killer toons man! I wanna create a little web series with some cartoonish guys some day.

Thread Closed share thread