Moon Key, Olivier Ponsonnet (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2006   #61
WOW!! Lovely work as always. Beautiful mood and lighting.

~M~

Old 06 June 2006   #62
I can start to see some distinctive style of yours man! I was able to guess who's behind this portrait straight from the thumbnail...

Very nice again man!

from me

Old 06 June 2006   #63
good expression..

Old 06 June 2006   #64
Many Thanks !
Traxx: maybe you're right about bright and dark parts. And no, I have not rendered more views
SUS : the lighting is quite simple and the same for the whole picture one fill light, one rim light and one main light.
JaCK4L: there's really nothing uncommon in the way my picture are created. I mean I first model everything poly by poly, then paint my maps with PS set up lighting, render with mental ray and add color correctons with PS.
AndyH : concerning the texturing "issue" : actually I use a little trick to get some kind of reflective tissus: I make them slightly reflective with a simple gradient map as environnement map. So in this area, this effect is really strong due to the fast variations of the surface normals, that's why I get this sort of artefact.

here is the wireframe :

Old 06 June 2006   #65
Amazing work

Great job, I really like the model and textures, they work very well. I think that it would be great if you gave more light to the hair...

Five stars for me

Jaime
Dwarf

Old 06 June 2006   #66
don't know what to say, but damn, you've done it again, I've always loved your girls. Dinomite!

Old 06 June 2006   #67
Originally Posted by reiv: In this one I didnt try to reach realism

Lol, are you serious? It's one of the most realistic cg women i've seen so far.

Old 06 June 2006   #68
She's very beautiful.The facial expression is perfect,the only thing that I don't like is the little red hair,it should just be black.Good job

Old 06 June 2006   #69
ThirdEye : I mean I'm not aiming for realism, it's just a means to give more credibility to the character but definitely not a goal. I hope you understand what I mean

Old 06 June 2006   #70
Thumbs up

wow you are insane man. I love it, nice style keeping the characteristic beauty in all your models.

Old 06 June 2006   #71
Originally Posted by reiv: ThirdEye : I mean I'm not aiming for realism, it's just a means to give more credibility to the character but definitely not a goal. I hope you understand what I mean

Yeah i think i do By the way the mesh of your girl looks much denser than your usual meshes, is that for a particular reason?

Old 06 June 2006   #72
hi olivier, this is GREAT! I'm in love with the girl. how charming she is. Everything is just fine and look lovely. 5 stars from me.

Old 06 June 2006   #73
such an zmazing work dude...
realy greet ... i like this piece so much ...
thanx for the wire

Old 06 June 2006   #74
ThirdEye : that's because the mesh is displayed with meshsmooth at lvl 1. Here is the lvl0

Old 06 June 2006   #75
Reiv,

Great portrait as usual. I am not bored seeing your new and new images, because even if they are similar, they are suggesting a very good mood.

To be honest, my favourite is the Red Opium image, it's excellent.

If I'm allowed to express my feelings, there are many portraits around (especially monsters, grotesque figures) that are totally pointless, but I feel your works are not. Not because of the subjects, but somehow I feel better with them...or something like that...

Keep up the good work!

By the way, it would be nice to see some production details, eg. how many hours you used to spend, and what is your method of finding references, etc. It woul be even more inspiring for artists like me...

Latest thread:

Fauna

Vampyre Portrait

Girl in Hood

Vampyre Hunter I

Thread Closed share thread