Endless Rain, Cwb (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2003
I've seen this before. Loved it then, love it now. Great work.

01 January 2003
Truely great work. I would not consider this a copy of Luis Royo's work. Not at all! Just inspire by his work.

01 January 2003
Quote: Originally posted by dzogchen
Truely great work. I would not consider this a copy of Luis Royo's work. Not at all! Just inspire by his work.

Unfortunately if there was reason for this artist to be sued over this image he would most likely lose. This kind of thing has been tried in court cases and usually the artist does not win but unless the artist in question has made any serious money from this then it won't come to that.

I'm citing the case of Jeff Coons reproducing a post card of puppies as a sculpture. The photographer sued him and won as he used it without permission and even though he was working in a different medium this was not seen as being an original creation and their were no evidence to assign fair usage.

01 January 2003
Thumbs down

Very nice work,
Regardless of the fact that it's a Luis Royo mock up...Luis doesn't do 3D. Also, I don't see what the fuss is...sure he should have stated that to begin with, but other than that...it seems that most of the stuff on here that gets the best ratings are nock off of other stuff anyway...Orcs, Dragons, Gulloms....so..anyway,
GREAT JOB....now lets see more beautiful girls!!!!

peace,
Kane

01 January 2003
Quote: Originally posted by HieSpike
...it seems that most of the stuff on here that gets the best ratings are nock off of other stuff anyway...Orcs, Dragons, Gulloms....so..anyway,

You make a good point but when judging somebody's creative abilites originality counts as much if not maybe more than technical prowess.. IMO

It really took it a few notches down for me when I saw that it was a knock off.

Plus if you are developing your reel to say work at ILM they will nto be impressed if your reel mainly consists of Tie fighters and R2D2. There are so many models of those guys floating around how can they be sure you made it?

As others have said it woul dhave been really easy to mak ehtis a different composition but considering he made this fo rhis GF it does not matter but it would have been easier if he had just sent her printout out of the original. What the love lorne will do.

01 January 2003

um.. it's a painting thats been recreated and realised in CG
(and bettered), give over a bit... it's getting tiresome.

01 January 2003

Quote: Originally posted by The Magic Pen
Wow nice 3D work !!

That wasn't aimed at you Magic Pen.

01 January 2003
Re: ...

Quote: Originally posted by tvtuna

IMO the original painting is better

01 January 2003

yeh I should have said IMO also

01 January 2003
Another AWESOME work

Man what you do is fantastic, i hope we'll see more of your works on the board.

Congratulation :airguitar

01 January 2003
Re: ...

Quote: Originally posted by tvtuna

Did you look at the painting? aside from the obvious technical defeciencies of the copy can you not see the delicate balance of tension and sensitivity in the original composition that the copy lacks? Do you see that there very well may be blood mixed with sweat? It's alot more than the angle and the pose that make cwb's work a copy, it's the intent. The fact that he did not credit Royo, and probably wouldn't have unless someone called him on it corrupts that intent. Add to it that he chose to copy the cover image of prohibited 1 makes it all the more infuriating. Prohibited contains many of Royo's most personal and revealing works (he reveals things about himself that few others would dare to even face themselves in the privacy of their own thoughts). Choosing to take the cover image of so personal of a creative work and present it as your own is appalling.

If he would have been honest about the creation of his copy from the very start I would be giving him a thumbs up as well. I must add that sticking this image on the front page seems a little dubious to me.

01 January 2003
Re: Re: ...

Quote: Originally posted by Lyr
I must add that sticking this image on the front page seems a little dubious to me.

agreed

01 January 2003
http://raph.com/3dartists/artgallery/ag-ap382.html Wenbo Cao, Do the right thing and credit the Original as well as posting an appology to Luis Royo.

Thread Closed share thread