Workshop, Raphael Lacoste / Ubisoft (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2006   #31
I love when someone realizes a scene and it looks more like a painting than a photo. Bravo!

Old 01 January 2006   #32
I'm either seeing things or the rules have changed since I last checked the forum, but more and more 2D works are being posted in the 3D threads. I love your work, but try to read the stickies first. This is getting really annoying...

Old 01 January 2006   #33
descoaitorul, you just made the best compliment one could make about a 3d image I think

very nice mood, love the way you work your images in photoshop so they don't look 3D-ish in the end.

Old 01 January 2006   #34
Originally Posted by descoiatorul: I'm either seeing things or the rules have changed since I last checked the forum, but more and more 2D works are being posted in the 3D threads. I love your work, but try to read the stickies first. This is getting really annoying...

happy to hear that lol

it is a 3D render, with photoshop touch up, like all the 3D illustration you'll see on the web...

I post since 2002, I know the rules, things have change, yes, more and more 2D in the Award Gallery, not a lot in the 3D.

best,

raf.

Old 01 January 2006   #35
Very nice man, very nice

Nothing else to say aside from: from me

Old 01 January 2006   #36
great stuff,almost looks like painting

Old 01 January 2006   #37
That would set a high bar for the cinematics

Old 01 January 2006   #38
Awesome piece. WHy is it every piece I see that has to do with Prince of Persia is so amazing?

Old 01 January 2006   #39
Another take on Piranesi's Prisons. Quite well done, you've added a direct light source within the space which adds quite a lot. Would you say that you got the more painterly feel by your 3D work or is that the part done in photoshop?

The composition is good except you need more foreground to support the steps. There isn't any emotional space to allow you into the picture before hitting the steps. Either that or crop it up so the steps are the way in, so you don't see them land. That's minor, otherwise quite good. But we can all see that.

Old 01 January 2006   #40
Er...holy crap. The detail and sharpness of this image - wow. Wish I had some better input here just had to say great job and 5*'s.

Old 01 January 2006   #41
I'm wondering what is in 3D, and what is in 2D in your mate.
Can you upload original rendering pic, and after 2D compositing?
anyway great work.
PS: I'm a friend of JL Sala, he told me about you some years ago..

Old 01 January 2006   #42
mouai..bof....ca déchire !

not really good...just awesome

the only critics i will say, is about adding some dof.

Old 01 January 2006   #43
Raphael

In one word...perfect. The analogy with Piranesi's prisons is right on spot. These days I don't have time to play computer games, but seeing the amount of wonderful artwork done for this game (also at conceptart.org), I don't care about the game. The artwork alone is worthy of a great artbook.

About the image, you captured the ambience really well. All those nooks and crannies (probably mispelled) really make the viewer "explore" the image (almost like the game)! You really managed to immerse the viewer into your image. The balance of light and shadow is also wonderful. The little details also spice up the image: ropes, debris, ladders. The three things I like most: 1. that thing in the back to the left which you can't really make out, but really looks interesting 2. the wooden structure above really rocks 3. the dungeon below left

Congratulations on a job well done!

PS Disregard "descoiatorul"'s remark and praise "Dezz"'s commentary

Old 01 January 2006   #44
Awsome concept. I'd love to see any sketches and early stages.

Old 01 January 2006   #45
Salut Raphael!

Wonderful Job! I think Ubi should make a book with all the kick ass concept art that was done for Prince of Persia. Yes there was a little booklet included with one version of the game, but the quality of the printing process and paper was not there.

Thread Closed share thread