Presenter Girl, Stahlberg (3D), (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2002   #61
So she's a futuristic stewardess?
Is she into being part of the 'Mile High Club'?

Old 11 November 2002   #62
sure I can say this piece is the best of yours. congrats steven.

"Billions of bilious blue blistering barbecued barnacles!...Cannibal!"

Old 11 November 2002   #63
Stunning.

Old 11 November 2002   #64
She looks hot! Excellent model, and the texture detail onthe clothes is outstanding

Love see your stuff, can't wait for the next round

Old 11 November 2002   #65
Awesome character she looks pretty good.

Not critics just too good

Old 11 November 2002   #66
Talking

AmAzinggggggggggg always a pleasure to look at your work. KeEp Up ThE FantasticK WoRk!!!!!!!

Old 11 November 2002   #67
r e s p e c t man...

Old 11 November 2002   #68
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but there are 5 pages of replies and I don't have the time to look through them all before I post my reply, so here goes.

On the "Funny Pose" image, her left shoulder looks very wrong to me, seeing how high her arm is raised, it strikes me odd that her whole shoulder is not rising along with the arm. This is something I learned very early in my own art, which is the shoulder, all the way up to the neck should move right along with the arm.

Apart from that, I truly love you work man. Much better than I will be any time soon And this new character is beautiful, and unique. Great job sir.

Old 11 November 2002   #69
Big thanks to everyone. I agree with all the crits that were raised, and I'll try to adress em one way or another in the next version.

HZL - the belt, I agree! Body in how many pieces - see image below. 2 pieces split at the belt line, feet deleted and boots substituted. I only split the body because I was having trouble with the resolution of the mapping on the upper body.

CarlCampbell - not quite like Ananova, she will be pre-rendered and appear in a Virtual Reality Center driven by a supercomputer, it's a semi-circular huge screen which can display in 3d (audience wears glasses).

Flog - no I moved, I'm in Malaysia now. I may be starting a big project soon but it's all up in the air still.

erikals - yes the skin on the stomach has no textures, that reddish shading you mentioned was partly achieved by using a toon shader in the ambient channel. Also you have to keep the specular blueish to counteract a tendency to go bright yellow, and a Fresnel-influenced shader to make the specular brighter at glancing light-angles is also useful.
About my spare time, well there isn't that much of it...

Lunatique - I agree about the flap, but it's too hard to make it lower because she has to sit sometimes. No I haven't heard from Jason in a while, I keep checking back here regularly to see if he's posted something.

The hair - yes it's very simply done. Sorry, but I can't afford Shave & a Haircut.

Skippy - hm, you don't like chicks? How about a rooster?

Grayson and Twisted Imperia - about the binding, here are a couple pics to illustrate.

The 0 level Subd surface is the same as in my original nude girl, with its full rigging that took months to do. I Smooth-skin a low-poly mesh which later is used as a wrap deformer on the hi-res surface, but I don't paint any weights. I've been unable to find the perfect way to reuse weight-maps, so instead of having to redo them every time I use morftargets only, for all deformation control.

The polygonal wrap deformer is exactly the same as the 0 level Subd surface, and since it's so light I can add as many morftargets as I want to it. (I never add morf targets to the Subd, only to the polygonal wrap deformer.)

I then make a copy of the original Subd, and edit all the higher levels on it in any way I want, doesn't matter as long as I never move any of the 0 verts. Note - you must keep the hierarchy for this to work.
So now when I wrap the new surface onto the old rig it works just like before.
edit: note, for my next version rig I'll definitely add one or two rows of polys around the knee and the butt, to make their deforming easier to control - I've had problems there.

Faraguay - I'll answer in your thread.

Old 11 November 2002   #70
Hey,Stahlberg. It is see your works again, I love these works you did, Thay are really great, man. Keep post up.

Old 11 November 2002   #71
Amazing ...Just purely amazing.
A forever inspiration. I am stunned and silent.

Thanks ofr the modeling and binding info.

Old 11 November 2002   #72
How fast is your computer.?
Does keeping the history on these models ever slow you down to a crawl?

Old 11 November 2002   #73
Quote: Skippy - hm, you don't like chicks? How about a rooster?

HEHEHEHE!!!!OMG!

Old 11 November 2002   #74
Quote: Originally posted by Stahlberg

not quite like Ananova, she will be pre-rendered and appear in a Virtual Reality Center driven by a supercomputer, it's a semi-circular huge screen which can display in 3d (audience wears glasses).

[/B]

wow sounds cool..is this in malaisia..or where ill be in asia for an extended stay this spring..that sounds worth checking out can i get some more info..im intreged

Old 11 November 2002   #75
/takes notepad out

a true lesson in style and technique mr stahlberg

Thread Closed share thread