Soap Sud, Nicolas Verdon (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #46
Very nice render mate! Very well done!

I like the lighting and the materials there

from me man

Old 09 September 2005   #47
Thumbs up

goh my God , strong shading and also I like the camera veiw angle .

Old 09 September 2005   #48
Beautiful piece and great composition.Superb work, *s from me too

Keep it up

Old 09 September 2005   #49
Talking best of the best

very good work obtained the real effect of with the lights and the textures very well....

greetings

Old 09 September 2005   #50
Arrow

AWESOME RENDER

although reflections seem a bit too high in almost everywhere to me, it's a pity, would look much more realistic if all those dry drops and dirt would have a More Powerful "matte" effect on the reflections.

For future crits to my reply, I'll say that I am referring to a general effect, its not that I don't see the dirt he already did, I'm just saying that the reflections should be a bit lowered, specially in the tap chrome.

Old 09 September 2005   #51
Originally Posted by Squibbit: Go practice!

LOL.

There are some things in this picture that just strike me as completely irrealistic, allthough they might be rendered well or what not. For instance the soap container reminds me of a pot full of moldy beans. I presume the scene is about bringing across the need to clean? It's uhm, not a very dirty looking scene.
Shaders seem to be behaving and you've got an eye for some details which turned uout beautifully.
modelling practice #1

Old 09 September 2005   #52
Simply amazing

Old 09 September 2005   #53
nice job on it. I'm awed by it's realism

Old 09 September 2005   #54
I 'm glad to see the interrest raised by my picture

Old 09 September 2005   #55
Originally Posted by nverdon: Title: Soap Sud
Name: Nicolas Verdon
Software: BodyPaint, CINEMA 4D, Photoshop

Hi, i'm used Cinema4D, Bodypaint and photoshop to create this picture (my own kitchen in fact). Lights and texturing are really a funny game. thanks for C&C.
How many times for the render ?

Old 09 September 2005   #56
In light of the many who have so quickly cried "Perfect!", I just thought I'd add my voice to the few who are pointing out that while it is a really nice image in many respects, there are some glaring faults. The most obvious problem is the excessive reflectivity throughout the entire scene. The next major thing that I think would improve the image is more scum and gunk. You've got it in some places, such as under the suction hanger, but how about on the sink. Especially under the soap, the Soap Suds container, and around the base of the faucet and knobs. When was the last time you saw even your mothers sink look that imaculate? Look at the photo someone posted of their sink and note the scum around it's base and faucet head, or anywhere that two distinct pieces are connected. For that matter, you might like to add some more scratches, such as those in the photo, unless it's supposed to be a new faucet. I'd also add some mineral deposits, food remains, dust and water droplets (refer to the photo for the water droplets) to the sink, dishes, crevices between the tiles and elsewhere (as appropriate). The last thing I'll mention is that though the composition does seem to subtly focus on the end of the faucet, it still leaves me uncertain of exactly what I'm supposed to be looking at.

I'll leave my crit's at that. Otherwise, nicely done.

Francis

Old 09 September 2005   #57
Super travail. bravo. congratulations, great image. maybe should you apply a slight general blur effect?

Old 09 September 2005   #58
Holllll-eeeeeee crap.

-eric

Old 09 September 2005   #59
I like it indeed but one thing the metal looks too clean

Ala'a

Old 09 September 2005   #60
great job be careful

Thread Closed share thread