Low-poly Elf Character, Ether (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2002   #31
zainlars: The shawl on that character was created using shag: hair and then converted to a mesh object. She has the largest polycount in my entire gallery, measuring just above 650 000 polys before meshsmooth

Old 12 December 2002   #32
YOU ARE MY IDOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE TOO MUCH THE BEST!

your leprinoxyz forever

Old 12 December 2002   #33
Red face

Outstanding.

Would you please post some images of Wierframe of head?

btw Have you ever used lightwave3d?

Old 12 December 2002   #34
amazing!!, if all game designer were talented as you are, the overall gaming experience could be improved by 100!

Old 12 December 2002   #35
game designer? you meant artists for game industry!!

hehe

i definitely love the character... just one thing (shouldn't an elf have pointed ears?)

always my idol tooooooooooo
2 much inside

There are only 10 types of people in the world those who understand trinary, those who don't, and those who mistake it for binary.

Old 12 December 2002   #36
Cool work there
One question though....I noticed that the shoulders are quite light on the polys...do they deform ok when the arms are raised?

I'm only asking, 'cause its something I'm never sure about myself....I usually err on the side of caution and put in a lot of polys, but if it works the way you've done it, I'll be thinking again

Cheers,

-JB

Old 12 December 2002   #37
NileshXYZ: I have used Lightwave before, although I've found I prefer working with Max or Maya

Da Krunch: The ears are a little pointed, I did'nt want to give him very big, pointy ears as some elfs are illustrated though.

Jonny Bubonic: I have'nt yet done any major animation with this character yet, however, from the small tests that I've been doing the shoulders deform quite well actually.

Old 12 December 2002   #38
I just want to reiterate what someone mentioned earlier (possibly in that other thread with your very cool orc and cute centaur), and that is that although your models and textures are brilliantly done, I would like to see a movement towards real-time rendering. I can tell they look good even without (global illumination) because of the on-wireframe grabs you posted.

GI will of course nicely showcase the model, but if we want to be serious here about games, lets move away from such rendering until games can do it.

Thanks for posting such great work. you show a flair for original style, and I am jealous of you.

Old 12 December 2002   #39
Now THIS is quality stuff!
Great! :airguitar

Old 12 December 2002   #40
Nice model, but I have to make few remarks:

1.If you want to make him real elf, you have to work on the ears. They must be little longer and sharper;
2.Elves' skin is pale, but you must include some more color spices in his skin's texture;
3.And if he's an elf, he must wear elven armor and bow
or long sword(with straight blade);
4.He must have green or brown cloak and fair hair and must have some elven shoes;
5.I think his arms are too big;
So, that's my crit. The characer is all right now, but you can make him more realistic(for elf)

Old 12 December 2002   #41
Wait a minute....a REAL elf? Ahem.. If you mean the cliched old Tolkien-style thang, then thats been done to death. I like the new take on the elf and especially the orc. Really got a style going there. Each to their own, dude.

Old 12 December 2002   #42
ECLIPSE that is simply RIDICULOUS! :shame:

Thats like saying, oh, if you build a robot, he has to fit the exact description of C3P0 or something. I mean, come on!

Elves can be whatever we want 'em to be.

Old 12 December 2002   #43
Eclipse - did you know that it was Blizzard who made the orcs green. And now everyone define orcs as green.

My point is that we have all different ways of seeing stuff. That is her way! :>

Old 12 December 2002   #44
wow eclipse. I cant believe you just put a definition and guidelines on what makes a mythical and imaginary character. Thats like saying demons need to have two horns and be red.

Old 12 December 2002   #45
Well, thet's not a definition. I'm fan of these "mistical" creatures, so I know something about them. Every race has a specific look, skills, prefered weapons.It may vary, but not vary ad infinitum. And yes, everybody has his own look.

Jonny Bubonic-He may be a half-elf;
jfalconer-I agree, but as I said, there is some specific look for every fantasy character;
SubDimension-I didn't know that, but I know that orcs are not only green;
MrPunkin-As I said, I haven't put no definitions;

Thread Closed share thread