Goth Cabaret Mk Ii, Terryford (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2002   #46
-Neural

I think Terry did lit her with white color main light. I don't know too much bout lighting, I guess having a slightly blue colored light source probably does the trick, but it would also affect the rest of the surfaces not only the skin. Post process is probably the fastest way to go, and allows alot of control. But as an alternative, i think you could setup several layers in the color channel for the skin surface to simulate the effect of skin being lit with cg lights. Real skin isn't exactly opaque or single layer. You probably can create a blue and red colored procedural layers to act as flesh and vein, and have a skin color layer on top of those two with like 70% opacity to simulate skin over flesh.

Old 10 October 2002   #47
Toonshady is right about the main lights being white, but I did use a fairly high ambient setting with a yellow/orange tint to warm up the shaded areas, that probably accounts for the yellow highlights. If I were animating this character I'd probably try to fix the lighting, but since these were stills it's easier to use Photoshop or equivalent.

I did fix the highlights on the versions at my website (see profile) but not as aggressivly as Toonshady's sample.

Regards,
Terry

Old 02 February 2003   #48
It's now added to the CGTalk Gallery

salud

Old 02 February 2003   #49
Nice work on the hair, I like this pic and her pose, and she looks like a very interesting person/character, great work my man!

Old 02 February 2003   #50
Hey Terry!
Another LW- goth- girl! You may remember my Cornelia, but I think yours is way better. Great work in every aspect!
CU
Elmar

Old 02 February 2003   #51
Your work is consistently excellent and I have nothing but contempt for you for it.

Old 03 March 2003   #52
Awesome - wonderful work

Old 07 July 2003   #53
very cool character.
I like the attitude.
good work !!

Old 09 September 2004   #54
Wink Fine Piece.....

I like the model and texturing, its really good.

Ali Imran Zaidi.
+92-300-2322379
+92-321-3761770

Old 07 July 2005   #55
She is fiction or reality?
Wireframe,wireframe

Old 02 February 2006   #56
i love it! i think its great. looks like a friend of mine. love the outfit and the hair. great job.

Old 02 February 2006   #57
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread