Goth Cabaret Mk Ii, Terryford (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2002
That's wonderful

I particularly like the material and bow assembly at the back of her dress.

Great face modelling as well

10 October 2002
it's
it's
you drive me

10 October 2002
She is perfect man, Well done,

10 October 2002
Great work!

yon dabuda... If someone is racially offended by "that cg skin is too yellow" I think they are to be pitied. Toonshady is right, the skin is too yellow in the highlights, no matter what race the person is. (Unless the whole image has a yellow cast to it, which is not the case here.)
This is something that happens all the time in cg, if you don't take counteractive measures. Highlights too yellow, shadows too cool/grey, always been that way. So you have to jump through hoops to cool the highlights and warm up the shadows. Otherwise it risks looking more like metal than skin.

10 October 2002
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMAZINg!!!!!

10 October 2002
To Stahlberg

To Stahlberg

I agree with your comment on the skin, I have also read your notes on your web site on making realistic skin, Is it out dated? I cant get it to work..... Some of the cloud options no longer exsist or have been changed..... It would be great If u could post a quick blurb about the methods you use now... On cgtalk... Somewere....

Will...

10 October 2002
yon dabuda; She's not modeled on any specific person. The whole thing started out as an exercise in creating a subdiv cage that was dense enough to be realistic but light enough to be easily modified into other characters or morph/endomorph targets.

Regards,
Terry

10 October 2002
Quote: Originally posted by terryford
The whole thing started out as an exercise in creating a subdiv cage that was dense enough to be realistic but light enough to be easily modified into other characters or morph/endomorph targets.

Well, you certainly suceeded. Such economy - very smart modeling. and the tri's deform just fine. even a compliment from Mr Stahlberg! that warrants champagne

10 October 2002
Sick Skill, Dude! The model is fantastic!

10 October 2002
extremely well done.

i love how chunky she is too!

10 October 2002
Awesom work! She is a 10 in my book (okay, so maybe i'm different).

I'm not trying to be crude, but it's nice to see a model of a woman that has the thighs and tush to back up the boob size.

10 October 2002
Hey yon dabuda, yeah I made the retouch comment solely base on the same reasoning that Steven Stalhberg had explained. Apologize if I offended anyone. It's based on personally observation of course that alot of cg skin renders tend to lean toward the yellowish tone when the human subject is lit with high instensity lights. I guess that just how the additive color system works. Boy I am no tech head, so I might be making a fool out of myself here. btw, I am asian myself, so my skin is yellow-er by comparison to some one who is "white". So it was not my intent to make a racial comment at all.

-Terry
For the color correction, again I am no expert at this, I merely just did a quicky here. One way is use lightwave's hdr expose image filter plugin. You can load a image from the image editor and apply that plugin, and bring down the black to 50%. That's a start. From the Inside LW6 book, there's a render of a girl's head using radiosity. The render also have this "yellowish" tone that which the author had bought into photoshop to retouch. He used a combination of color balance and Curves. For me I also find image\adjustments\replace color also do a great job. You can use that picker to select the color range you want to adjust. From there, I selected the highlight range and tweak the hue/saturation/lightness and did the same for the shadows. Works great.

10 October 2002
Toonshady/others?: I would like some education.. wouldn't changing the color of the light to being white or maybe even a little bit blue (like .001%) take away the yellowness of the highlights?

10 October 2002
I love this character. It's great! Personally I am a detail hound and I would have modelled the choker, but that is just what I would do. What I like best about this one, is that the lady doesn't have the traditional Barbie or supermodel figure. She has substance to her. Overall I really like the image. Hey, perhaps you can put her into an environmet? Maybe in a goth club, waiting outside in a line to get into the club, or even in an olde style bar? Looks keen!

Ritchie Roberts
ZeroNeuro Arts Ltd.

10 October 2002
Very nice!

Thread Closed share thread