Post Apocalyptic Vehicle, Sigma (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2002   #16
Heres a small update. Still have LOTS to do. Please excuse the rendered shots . Just wanted to get some suggestions. Got any ideas?

http://www.cydonian.com/server/wip/...icle_sigma1.gif
http://www.cydonian.com/server/wip/...icle_sigma2.gif

Let me know please

Old 02 February 2002   #17
Wow
This is my kinda car. Love the shape, ehh "proportions".
Really like this one.
Are u gonna texture it?

Michael

Old 02 February 2002   #18
lmao, mullet king from mullet world haha, thats classic. Whos the guy in your avatar?. Serious mullet! As for texturing, i hope i can get it done in time. Dont know if its required for the challenge but im sure it wouldnt hurt. I'll try to get as much done as possible. Going for a rusty/dirty look. I'll try to have another update by this weekend.

Old 02 February 2002   #19
I just love the shape of this vehicle.
Looks like one of those you just can't wait to get your hands on and....YEEHAAAWW, burn some rubber.

Excellent !!!

Old 02 February 2002   #20
I really like the general shape of the model. The details are super cool aswell. I would look into a little bit of organisation within the chaos though. Its looking a little disorganised. I realise thats kinda the point, but it should still have some deliberate nature too

Old 02 February 2002   #21
Helloooo (sigma has sleep depravation ) Heres a shot of how its lookin so far. Still lots to do. Dont mind the frame shader its just a test. Should i continue with the roof gun? Im still thinking about it. Let me know what you think. Likes, dislikes?

Old 02 February 2002   #22
I like big guns.

Tim

Old 02 February 2002   #23
Eeaaahheey .. very good !! I like this one
Concerning the roof gun, if it is a 360 degrees rotating gun, it's ok to me ... this buggy must be a scout .. driving behinds hills and dunes, confront enemy first lines and quickly heads back to its lines. While the enemies try to follow, it could use the roof gun, shooting everything behind it.
(Well .. ok .. my english is bad but i'm french ... the worst multilingual population ever )

Old 02 February 2002   #24
awesome SORRY NO CRITS just a pat on the back man

Old 02 February 2002   #25
Thumbs down Sweet.

Hey! I really like that thing. Good detail.
And if that's also a gun on the right side of the buggy... it might not be a scout...

Look forward to seeing more of it!

Old 02 February 2002   #26
Thx for all the comments . The gun on the roof has more of a 180 degree radius and can be operated from the back. The vehicle is a 3 seater more less. Theres the driver and room for 2 in the back. The weapon on the right side is actually a sort of plasma cannon/ EMP gun( EMP=electric-magnetic-pulse ) Still working on the engine.

Everyones PA world will have a different evolution than others. The history behind my vehicle goes a little something like this. The year is 2057, 7 years after the apocalypse, 1 year after the fallout clears. Theres no super powers and no law&order. Tribes/clans are beginning to establish themselfs and start trading needed supplies from city to city. Evil lurks everywhere inbetween.

More soon.

Old 02 February 2002   #27
Just started to texture. Still lots to do!, no bump maps yet, still some modeling left, details details. Just wanted to show what direction im taking with the textures. Think of a desert planet, acid rain, sand storms. Next update should be the last. If you have any suggestions please feel free to tell me. Should i get rid of the antenna?

http://www.cydonian.com/server/wip/...icle_sigma5.gif

Old 02 February 2002   #28
Keep it

I like the idea of the antenna. Just do something with it - put something wound around it - or a tennis ball on it (where does that come from). Maybe make it more obvious where it attatches.

Looking good though.

Old 02 February 2002   #29
Really great stuff...
It's sure now...My favorit vehicle!

Old 02 February 2002   #30
I see what you mean Earl. In this view you really dont get to see the left side of the vehicle. I still have lots to do. The Antenna is attached to the back of the bumper/frame. The thing im trying to avoid is having the vehicle look too much like a toy or an RC buggy. The Antenna reminds me of my RC buggy days (RC=remote controled). Maybe i will make it more like a TV antenna near the top.

Im totally shocked at how many entries there are for this months challenge! about 100 character submissions so far! thats incredible. Some great vehicle designs also, but only 2 landscape entries so i might incorporate a little scenic view of my PA world in the next update. Good luck to all the entries, some fantastic work!

comments? suggestions?

Thread Closed share thread