Edgemeister

portfolio
Jeroen Cloosterman
CG Artist
Utrecht, Netherlands

Hey Spirit,

Great looking ride you've got there.
Like the design, wich looks original.
Maybe a bit too much holes for my liking, but still....

'The car is an all wheel drive ofcourse'.....
Euhm, I definetely don't agree with that comment.
Any great sportscar has rear wheel driving. That's almost a standard, because than you can go sideways through corners, with the back breaking out. Overstear, you see...
You get a much better feel with the car, than when the car will be all wheel drive. Just a thought.

About the interior :
Like it, but I would definetely change the pedals... They're just boxes!, when you can give them a nice metal look or something.
The handles on the stearing wheel can also use some details.
I would two-tone the interior colors, you get a much better look and it looks more classy. The chairs look great by the way.

One final comment :
That pose you used for the render. That smoke is way off, even for an all wheel drive you can never get that sort of smoke on both the wheels. The back will always have more smoke, because the car moves sideways, swinging the car around. Then again, I would loose the all wheel drive thought.

Not to be a true critic, but these were just some opinions, and you did ask for them...

Keep it up and show us some poses.

Cheers.

Old 10-20-2002, 03:43 PM   #32
Spirit2029
point puller

portfolio
chris snodgrasss
point puller
Canada

hey thanx edge, if it was to be all wheel drive I think it would be setup with a 70/30 setup. Meaning 70%power to the rear, and 30%to the front, like they have in the rally cars. I will modify the smoke alittle bit too after you pointing that out. Like I said the interior is just to fill in, Im not sure if im going to detail and texture it outright yet. Thanx again for the comments

Spirit2029

Old 10-20-2002, 04:04 PM   #33
derErschaffer
Frequenter
LA
i dont know too..;o)
Austria

great...when it comes out for buying...

Old 10-20-2002, 04:44 PM   #34
CHRiTTeR
On the run!

Chris
Graphic designer extraordinaire
Belgium

Quote:
Originally posted by Spirit2029
hey thanx edge, if it was to be all wheel drive I think it would be setup with a 70/30 setup. Meaning 70%power to the rear, and 30%to the front, like they have in the rally cars. I will modify the smoke alittle bit too after you pointing that out. Like I said the interior is just to fill in, Im not sure if im going to detail and texture it outright yet. Thanx again for the comments

Spirit2029

If you're going to enter that 2nd Peugeot design contest, I think it's best to do the interior as well...

But that's also a good excuse for me... Really want to see your skills creating a cool designed semi-futuristic interior. Also, I agree on the 2 color comment.

Salut est les boules *burbs*,
CHRiTTeR
(no I'm not drunk right now)

Old 10-20-2002, 04:46 PM   #35
dillo

Send a message via AIM to dillo
Thumbs down

Nice job on the angle for the slide! It shows the body roll in a nice way. I'm looking forward to seeing the racing version keep up that great work!

Old 10-20-2002, 06:26 PM   #36
pop
Mark Lindsay
Canada

Cool power slide Pic!!

For the interior how about semi-polished aluminum racing pedals, the ones with the ridged holes drilled in them?

Can I see full shot of the car with the doors open and/or with the hood/trunk open?

I like the colour of the car, Classy!

Anway, Good luck in the competition!

Pop

Old 10-20-2002, 06:57 PM   #37
Eudaimic
Atheist

Michael Heilemann
Level Designer
IO Interactive
KÝbenhavn K, Denmark

Send a message via ICQ to Eudaimic Send a message via AIM to Eudaimic Send a message via MSN to Eudaimic Send a message via Yahoo to Eudaimic
Just wanted to drop a note to say that I love the street version with the new fin.

Perhaps the car paint could do with a new shader though? Other than that I think it's pretty cool, would love to see it animated in a fake car ad.

Old 10-20-2002, 08:43 PM   #38
CHRiTTeR
On the run!

Chris
Graphic designer extraordinaire
Belgium

Quote:
Originally posted by Eudaimic
Perhaps the car paint could do with a new shader though? Other than that I think it's pretty cool, would love to see it animated in a fake car ad.

What? ... That shader looks great! Noooooo, don't change it.
Sorry, but just curious... What do you not like about it?

Old 10-20-2002, 10:00 PM   #39
Spirit2029
point puller

portfolio
chris snodgrasss
point puller
Canada

Okay guess im convinced now, going to have to put on another big pot of coffee and get this thing completely done. Im going to finish up the interior now, and do up the race version paint job, decals and all. Also that suggestion of a car add was good, and I think I may persue it. It would be a good showcase. So stay tunned I guess, ill keep the updates coming. Maybey I should get this thread moved to the WIP, hahhaha I thought it was done. Nothing is ever done when it comes to CG art. anyways thanks for all the coments, they have reinspired me to do some more with this car now....

Spirit2029

Old 10-20-2002, 10:04 PM   #40
Neo85
Veteran

Nothing

uhhh cool work!!!

Old 10-20-2002, 11:17 PM   #41
iNFERNiS
Looong way to go.

Y G
Belgium

what are the specs of the car?

I dig it, nice work!

Old 10-21-2002, 12:26 AM   #42
Mangaka604
D4Mation

Senior Animator @ Mainframe Entertainment

Interior...

As mentioned before, the pedals should be re-worked. Make the gas pedal narrow at the top , the bottom fatter and overall the gas pedal closer to the brake pedal for easier heel-toe. I'm looking at it from merely a design perspective. Secondly, ditch the gauge pod underneath the steering wheel...staring down towards your crotch will generally get you nowhere except off the race track. Just mount them on the A-pillar.

The shifter is set too far back on the center console. Your elbows will literally be behind the seat back. Move it farther up along the console...basically where the lip of the indentation is.

But, hey, it looks very cool. Good luck in the competition!

My Personal Webpage

Old 10-21-2002, 12:40 AM   #43
Mangaka604
D4Mation

Senior Animator @ Mainframe Entertainment

AWD

Oh yea, don't ditch the AWD...I have a '95 Eagle Talon Turbo and a 2003 Impreza WRX...AWD rules. RWD generally have more oversteer than a AWD car. Besides, AWD is more practical in the real world...you can drive quicker on a greater variety of conditions compared to RWD. That's why Audi's with Quattro was banned from rallies.

Your car reminds me of the Toyota RSC concept car. Awesome work!

My Personal Webpage

Old 10-21-2002, 01:46 AM   #44
mikey11
Veteran
mike yeomans
lead artist
pandemic studios australia
Australia

Hi! Good job...its really nice and smooth...
I got a comment on your design, and while I'm at it, a comment on the lighting:

I really dont like the rear spoiler, it looks like an add on from a third party company, and I don't think the rear bumper fits the design. Maybe a rear bumper molded right into the shell smoothly?

I think the lighting needs a bit of work, a lot more contrast so your reflection really packs a punch....have you considered HDRI?

take it easy
Mike

Old 10-21-2002, 05:58 AM   #45
3Ants
Veteran
modeling

Re: update

It's.......It's........

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Closed share thread