Semi Futuristic Car Design, Spirit2029 (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2002   #16
i like it, looks fun to drive

Flickr

MDI Digital

Old 10 October 2002   #17
I love it!

Looks like a nice "educated guess" on what the future will hold. I hope your right too...the car looks fantastic. Good call on the rounded fin as well.

Old 10 October 2002   #18
Damn cool!

I really like the 2 version idea with the GT/street comparisson. Makes me less weary of starting a Poly car rather than using nurbs. Interior shots would be appreciated.

Excellent Job!

Old 10 October 2002   #19
Wow thanx for all the coments, ill get some interior shots up tonight for you all. The interior is fully modeled, textures are still in the works though. But I think im going to take a break from the car as its all Ive been working on for the last week and a half. Prolly just do up a couple more nice renders.

Spirit2029

Old 10 October 2002   #20
Thumbs down

Very cool, I like it too! And definitely go with that rounded fin!

Old 10 October 2002   #21
i just wanna know how much this costs reminds me of a lambergini(sp?) eclipse hybrid
#3dstudiomax
#maya
#maya4

Old 10 October 2002   #22
Hey Spirit, just curious, did you model this off a drawing you did or is it purely freestyle?

Old 10 October 2002   #23
oh good

this design good...

oh!!! polygon modeling is good

wow...

Old 10 October 2002   #24
I think you should bring out the wheel wells a bit more so that the tires aren't sticking out the sides of the car. Love the model!

Old 10 October 2002   #25
Hey man, Your car is so nice, I love this design, It is looks fun to drive. Post more..

Old 10 October 2002   #26
yeeehhha! you roxx! i prefer the rounded car or then for the first one, change Spoiler or add a "Spin" or "wing" on spoiler's Center with that car'll look more agressive, i found too soft and not really aerodynamic for the first.

About tire, increase it a bit more.
Anyway Great Great Great Design!!!
i hope see this in a short.

SeeyA

Old 10 October 2002   #27
wow!! this really rocks!! the interior looks nice and cosy with the leather seats in there, and its probably pretty bitchin fast, right?

so when's this car gonna be for sale?

Old 10 October 2002   #28
Dirk_P_Ho yah the model was off a drawing I did, ill put it up too. Thanx everyone else for the comments, with such positive feedback ill have to do some more renders. :xtreme: :xtreme:

expect more soon, like in a few hrs....

Spirit2029

Old 10 October 2002   #29
update

Okay as promised a new render, sliding out looks kewl..... I also added an interior shot and the orginal concept which when I roughed it out looked way too much like a van, so I made the angle alot more aggressive. Looking forward to some comments and maybey some suggestions as to how you would like to see the car posed. I think im just going to end up doing a bunch of stills for now, maybey ill animate it later, but im curently starting a new project. Doing a whole new demo reel. So stay tunned for that too I guess...

Spirit2029

Old 10 October 2002   #30
Oh yah for those of you interested...
The car is a rear engine, proubly a turboed V6. Most likely around 350 hp, 300 pounds torque, and of course all wheel drive. It would be quite fast and handle very well I imagine with such a wde stance and low profile, and I imagine it being able to keep up with most exotic cars quite easily. Price tag would be most likely around $100,000 canadian, dont know what the is in U.S.

Im actually going to enter it into the 2nd Peugeot design contest. If I win they are actually going to build the car as a concept for auto shows with the posability of actual production further down the line. So who knows maybey you'll see it on the road in a few years. I know I want one!!

Spirit2029

Thread Closed share thread