Children's Book Images, Koryh (3D), (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2002   #46
......mmmmmh...........I love ur work.....is fantastic.....i work on children illustration field (2d),and i never see before a so good 3d images 4 this kind of product!......... im amazed,the ice cream image is so beautyfull that deserve to be a poster!............my jaws drop on the floor........ .........................great man,to you and your wife.
(must be fantastic to work with the beloved mate......i really envy you he he....)

B-movie

Old 05 May 2002   #47
OZ--grazie molto. Mi diverto fare il mio lavoro.
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

Old 05 May 2002   #48
cool! but....

hey koryh i think the job is great, the whole concept, but i wouldnt say the images are ready to be printed. in the image with the soccer ball, the specular of the soccer ball is really strong!, and same in the image with the man with the ice cream the specular of the skin of the girls is extremely strong, like on the fore head and on the arm, it looks soo white and bright, thats the only thing i would try to correct but your work is really professional!

Old 05 May 2002   #49
Do you work for Pixar?
cool pics you should make
a short film you have a good eye

Old 05 May 2002   #50
*low whistle* Wow, that is truly beautiful. Very Pixar-esque - only... only richer! More detailed, and more vibrant. Fantastic work, and I must say those animations were pretty cool as well! I'm afraid that if I were simply doing still images I wouldn't bother with phonemes or animation tests...

And how on earth did you get that dog so RIGHT? It's perfect!

Old 05 May 2002   #51
wow!

beautyfull!

as a fresh father these images are really up my alley.

is it all 3D or does it have some 2D touches.

+97236384726
ISRAEL

Old 05 May 2002   #52
I dont know what liqid tension is talking about man. looks great to me.

Old 05 May 2002   #53
Thumbs down beautiful works!

Very beautiful 3D pictures

Old 05 May 2002   #54
Really good!!!!!!
I like them so much!
:

Old 05 May 2002   #55
Thanks again folks.
Liquid --I know what you are talking about. And believe me I have seen all the things you pointed out. I know I have much more work to do. I agree with the blown out highlights. I was experimenting. In the finals I will render out every thing separately and tweak a lot more in Photo shop. Thanks for the constructive criticism; it reinforces my own thoughts on how I can make these better!

As for whether or not they are straight renders? I would say they are at least 90% render and the rest is PS love.

Thanks again.
PS I am working on another couple of pieces, as a proof of concept.
Basically I am using 3D as my reference and then painting over it.
The method seems to be working quite well. I will try to put up a how I work section on my website in a couple of weeks. That should be cool.
Also I am rendering the last shot of my Retro-Active trailer, as we speak. WooHoo. Just some layering in of effects in After effects and I am done. And the music is going well too! YEAH!
SECRET AGENT
B-Movie

Old 05 May 2002   #56
your work is very inspiring man!! and a children's book? i mean! that's such a great idea!

good work once again

Old 05 May 2002   #57
Thumbs down

*cuteness alert*
Those are very cool,
love the fact that she's holding her soccerball on the picture on the wall, very good detail.
Very good work.

Old 05 May 2002   #58
Like so many others I am replying to this post....I have to say that those are really good images. Good composition, characters, lighting....but the one with the sled....it'd be cool to see powder spraying out behind it. and some trails. how long have you been doing 3d?

Old 05 May 2002   #59
Nice work!!

Are we gonna see some more!?!

'Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.' - Michelangelo Buonarroti

Old 05 May 2002   #60
great characters and awesome renderings.

Thread Closed share thread