Maxwell Interiors- Day And Night, Benjamin Brosdau (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #31
WOW... man, is realy great render!.... CONGRATULATIONS I'm a maxwell's user and is very good enginer, but is very dificult make a clean render in 4 Hours... I think that your work is a 5 stars job...

Fantastic and amazing photorealistic render

Old 04 April 2005   #32
thanks a lot guys!
But i think there is always something left to improve so I'll continue working on them a bit more and maybe I do a high res version with less grain of the first kitchen.
@petteer: what do you mean by adjusting camera perspective? can you plase explain what should be changed in your opinion?
regards,
Tora

--->Link <---

Old 04 April 2005   #33
Thumbs up

I'm getting myself maxwell!
The grain doesn't bother me that much. The feeling of reality is amaizing! It has a rich, warm ambient.
Great work! 5 stars definetely!

Old 04 April 2005   #34
Awesome. You've really nailed it I've enjoyed every second of Maxwell. The fact that the alpha is slow has not bothered me one bit.. Although with these hyper-realistic "flashlight"-renders floating around the web it's getting pretty ridiculous; great lighting being so easy to achieve, there goes my only excuse for being such a poor modeler I've done a few like these myself, and I think it's safe to bet that altough there are still new tricks to discover with Maxwell (and more to come once we get the SSS), making cleaner meshes will be my nro one priority from now on. Once again, great job!

PS. I hope to see more animations rendered with Maxwell in the near future, wink wink

Old 04 April 2005   #35
Wow, bin wirklich beeindruckt.. Leider is Maxwell noch nicht für C4D draußen, bis dahin aber bewunder ich deine wirklich extrem guten renderings :>

crewler

Old 04 April 2005   #36
great renders, tora. if you plan to rerender 1st pic, please remove that ugly texture mirroring on the right

this thread deserve front page plug !

edit : oops, i was talking about 2nd pic anyway, pictures are great

Old 04 April 2005   #37
really stunning work
how did you achieve such a realistic lighting?

Old 04 April 2005   #38
Holy mother of..

The renders with that flash light effect are totally awesome. Damn you !!..
Kudo's and stars for you.

FUBE Animation Studio
www.fube.nl

Old 04 April 2005   #39
awesome.......how long did it take you to finish all of the models, very detailed

Old 04 April 2005   #40
Originally Posted by PMikk: I am working on a project with maxwell too, and with a 2,2Ghz AMD Athlon the renders take forewer, I have to use 15 bounces too. How could you render this with 9 hours?
Maxwell can only be used for still images, animations are impossible, and it limits the artistic approach to CG, it still has only few shaders to choose from, no skin, SSS or configurable shaders. Not good for characters, but in my opinion it`s still a kickass renderer for still images and architecture architecture. PS. look at the glass table in the third image the refraction is wery high on my renders too.

...and it's still in ALPHA release. I don't see the point of critiquing it until it's in beta, but to each their own. And animations aren't impossible, merely time prohibitive.

Anyone who's interested in the renderer can check it out at www.maxwellrender.com.

Anyway, these are great images. You and Eldo are creating a unique and cool style with the digital flash look. Keep it up!

~T

Old 04 April 2005   #41
Thumbs up

Great work....... but I see only one minor problem, the second render pic. It's seams that your table leg is going right through your chair(Center Chair). Just thought I's point that out.... other than that it's all amazing work. Keep it comming...

Old 04 April 2005   #42
Animator

wow - was that cg or real ??!! , can u pls give some tips and tricks on cg lighting

Old 04 April 2005   #43
OK OK .. Im a newbie. and have a question..

I have never rendered before so when you say 9 hours to render just 1 of the photos (Does that mean you let your computer sit there for 9hours not touching it or 15 hours like some of you say. Do you leave it over night?

B/C if so I think im going to have to buy a new SUPER POWERD FAN for my Radeon 9800 video card.. When I use Maya for 3 to 4 hours it starts to get really really hot

PS really nice work.. How long did it take you to model all of those?

Old 04 April 2005   #44
Great stuff man! You might want to consider adding some dirt and scratches here and there, though I wish my kitchen's this clean.

Old 04 April 2005   #45
Thumbs up

Unbelivable!
Really?Is that maked with 3D?

Thread Closed share thread