Character : Dark Knight`s Revenge, Alessandro Baldasseroni (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #61
See, what did i tell you. It'll be on frontpage for sure.

Anyways, this is looking superb. I'm not much of batman fan but after seeing this, i'm sort of inspired. Honestly, you should be proud, this is beyond any Batman i've seen done in 3d.

Old 03 March 2005   #62
Hands down one of the best things I've seen on this site. There's detail crammed into every last pixel. As for the interpretation of the character? Yes, he's skinnier than we're used to, but to me it makes for a much more vulnerable and human Batman, which he should be.

Old 03 March 2005   #63
It's awesome..........excellent man .

Old 03 March 2005   #64
Holy hell batman!

Hey hey!

Being a big fan of Batman myself, I can tell you've really taken an attention to the older style, which rocks. His smaller frame and more latex style suit really gives this image kudos in terms of character, Plus I see youve taken the liberty of modifying his helmet a bit. I reckon it looks b**chin

Seriously awesome

Old 03 March 2005   #65
Wow awesome work. Love your batman.

Old 04 April 2005   #66
hi man, i checked out your site sometime ago and i though the stuff was alsome. This new work of yours even look better, man you're good.

Old 04 April 2005   #67
Excellent detail

Old 04 April 2005   #68
Very cool! Indeed!

Old 04 April 2005   #69
Excellent, come sempre

Old 04 April 2005   #70
Thumbs up Kick ass

I must say awesome design its fresh on the bat, i love the size off the ears just dont look out of place when they should,

Old 04 April 2005   #71
Talking Stunning

Wow!! This is really stunning
Your effort is incredible! I loved details and mood.
I can say one thing, You should have challenged to his eyes
Anyway, this is also amazing. 5 stars from me...
Keep good working

Old 04 April 2005   #72
Technically, I can't knock what you've achieved. The figure is well proportioned and seemingly anatomically accurate... I'm going to now make a complete arse of myself... So I'm apologising before I begin. Short of wearing a cape and prancing around, like those individuals you see at Collectors fairs... I'm a die-hard Batman fan.

If there is one thing I don't like about this piece, it is the actual Batman body itself. I've recently criticised people for assaulting the conceptual aspects of other artists work, and now find myself on that same fringe. I love the face... always good to get in a plus before you go for a minus...

Most fans have an idea about what their favorite Batman aesthetic is.... It may well be that I've seen too many Alex Ross depictions (I certainly haven't seen this 'Dead End' short), but I don't know if I can believe that your Bruce Wayne seems physically capable of being the Black Knight. Hes got the body of my Dad, which is fine for a Psychotic Freeclimber and Fencer, but not what I'd pictured for a man who's spent hours in the gym, doing gymnastics, weights, martial arts and break falls all day... not to mention kicking the excrement out of burly undesirables in the midnight hours.

I've trained as a fighter for 10 years, getting brakes and bruises, and can't help but think your Batman looks every bit breakable. I hope this doesn't offend, I suppose I'm hoping you'll do another bulkier version with the same artistic excellence you've used here, but thats just cheeky.

I shouldn't post this as I'm not offering you anything technically useful or constructive... but I've been sitting here pondering what to say for awhile now so...

Please take this in the way it was meant... If it had been the Flash's body or Elastic Man's, I would have not said anything.

Respectfully.

Old 04 April 2005   #73
I'm not too fond of the design, but the textures are bloody awesome. It looks ultrarealistic. Great job!!!

Old 04 April 2005   #74
Excellent work!Love the shaders, especially the leather ones on the hands and his head. You could write an excellent tutorial on this one.

Old 04 April 2005   #75
nice work dude...amazing

Thread Closed share thread