Office Girl, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Talking good

it's very good I like it very much so sexy

03 March 2005
A good work

I like the smooth. Have u got the phone of that girl?

03 March 2005
Thumbs up Fantastic

Wonderful - a great example of just how cool non-realism can be

03 March 2005
Again: Just like the bunny girl, I love the style. I'm almost fed up with people modeling perfectly accurate humanoid models. I think more people should be trying to find a fun style that they like. The only thing I can think of to comment on is that I'm not too fond of the shader for the stockings. Usually, nylon stockings tend to have a slight falloff effect, being lighter head on, and darker as they wrap around the leg. But the shader you have on it right now almost makes it look like her legs are made of plastic.

Overall, I think that this is going to be an excellent short, and I wait in great anticipation for it.

......oh yeah, let's not forget the requisite: DAMN SHE'S SEXY!!! WOOOO!!!

..ahem. Good work.

03 March 2005
good,goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

03 March 2005
Talking Wow wow wow

Hey absolutly stunning work, nice clean modeling and reallt great cloth work
Some of the best character work I've seen this year.

03 March 2005
Cheers very much for all the comments - it was a nice surprise to see it moved into the choice gallery too!

After watching the incredibles DVD this weekend, im looking forward to animating her - seeing the bits with mirage and the outstanding facial animation on everyone has given me a big kick up the behind in the inspiration department!

Tracy - Glad you liked it. I actually did a few tests with her as a brunette, and it looked good, but the bright blonde hair was one of the most recognisable things about her, so to change her hair colour might be a little too much. And i agree with the skirt, but it looks satisfactory considering that theres no cloth simulation on it (yet). Hows WarDevil going?

Nuclearbum - Office girl and bunny girl are both the same woman - the bunny girl is either a daydream version of her, or her other job - im not sure yet. Im still working on the plot for my film. The whole thing is skinned using max's skin modifier. No cloth plugin yet, but ill consider it for the animation.

Obelisk - Great idea you have there! I want to try the different costumes i have planned sometime, and that sounds like a good oppurtunity. Its a lot of work though. Ill stick with the office scenario for now - who knows, i may expand it to include other lifestyles!

Fungus - Yeah, the shader for the stockings was hard to do. There is actually a falloff shader in the diffuse channel, but if i made the edges too dark, the legs as a whole look too dark. Getting the sheen on them was even harder. I used an anisotropic shader to get the specular to fall in long lines.

Ive made a start on the office nerd guy - take a look:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...529#post2059529

03 March 2005
Thumbs up

Sorry,I'm french and i don't speak english verry well but this women is very beautifull...god work

03 March 2005
I like the Character design for her she is so cute she could be a character in the movie incredibles thats's Kinda how the design looks. well good job I can't wait to see more of your work and your animated short.

03 March 2005
amazing work,.... she looks so sexy~!!

03 March 2005
How long did you model this nice character?

I also work in Max doing character models, just curious how much time did you model this pretty character?

03 March 2005
when i saw her with the bunny clothes i saw that she looked Ally mc Beal..now...

Very nice!

03 March 2005
Good to see her make the Choice Gallery

You have no excuses now - you have to make the short film!

WarDevil is progressing well - we're on our Easter Vacation at the moment (we get real holidays at Digi-Guys).

I'll be starting another recruiting round soon (it never seems to stop!) - all the construction is finished at the Ealing Studio now - so there's going to be a lot of work when we get back!

But enough of that - how about some more renders of the Office Girl - all the boys seem to like her - I think it's love - so you need to keep them happy!

Bye for now.

Tracy T

03 March 2005
Hello, that's my first message on this wonderfull site. Its a real pleasure for the eyes, thak's to all.

That girl is very funny, when I see her, I'm waiting for Roger Rabbit. The poses are perfect and she looks very nice. Congratulations. Give us an animation soon please !

03 March 2005
Awesome work man!

Just a small suggestion, the deformation in her elbows seem to be a little off, maybe play with the skin morph modifier. I only noticed it because everything else is so flawless.

Great stuff keep it up!

Thread Closed share thread