Bunny Girl, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Bunny Girl, Andrew Hickinbottom (3D)

Title: Bunny Girl
Name: Andrew Hickinbottom
Software: 3ds max

After being amazed by the Incredibles, I was inspired to make something in a similar style, so I chose a fairly unusual character - a Playboy style Bunny Girl!
Made in 3Ds Max 6, rigged with biped, lit with a combination of skytracer (Global illumination) and 3 point lighting.
Hope you like it!

01 January 2005
Very sophisticated work !!
The character is so animated. Any chance we see some motion in the future?

Thanks for sharing, well at least the visuals.

Best,
ashakarc

01 January 2005
love the style...it is sexy but still humorous enough to be cutesy.

my only crit is the butt looks a little funky but i can see it easier with the non textured version, it is just the style of course though and your choice

01 January 2005
Nice character with an inspiring stylisation. Great model.
WIP completed successfully.
2 crits (minor) though : I think shadows on the character are too dark with respect to the style you have chosen. There's a major antialiasing issue also, and you should definitely set AA to higher number of samples, because your work deserves it.
First class

01 January 2005
Very stylish. Wonderful job.

01 January 2005
Oo oo love the characterisation here, what a great character!

Awesome that someone is doing caricature so well.
Sweet.

01 January 2005
fantastic character, and beautifully modelled, and rigged-Pixar should give you a job!

01 January 2005
Big picture quality. Would love to see some animation.

01 January 2005
Very nice, appealing model. Like the styleization a lot.

The lighting, however, highlights a lot of the wrong surfaces (such as the inside of her elbows), and flattens many of the angles of interest (such as her eyes, hairline,breasts, hips, legs, feet, and hands), and exaggerates a few oddly (depth of her hair, chin-to-neck), IMHO; doesn't show her off very well.

And since when are Bunnygirls *unusual*!?!? Oh yeah... since the sixties ended... -sigh-

01 January 2005
Time for a bit of correspondance while ive got time....

Originally Posted by Dearmad: The lighting, however, highlights a lot of the wrong surfaces.
And since when are Bunnygirls *unusual*!?!?

I know what you mean - i really liked the deep shading that was created with Global illumination, but you dont have much control over it. Lighting is not really one of my strong points in Max. Maybe i should experiment with dirt maps, ambient occlusion or 'proper' lighting, but i think this looks alright.
And about the 'unusual' bunny girls - i said that cos ive never seen one in 3d, let alone on this forum! Most people settle for elves, babes, warriors and orcs, so i was quite pleased with the originality of the character - it had to be made!

Salazar - Im gonna (really try) and do some animation soon - shes got a full set of morphs and phonemes, so shes pretty expressive.

Shakes - hear hear! Lets hope John Lasseter gives me a call! Shyeaah right!

Montclaris - As far as i know, the AA is fine. I have a tendency to sharpen my renders a little before submitting them, and its enhanced by the slightly smaller version you see on this page before you click on it. If you are talking about the noise on the stockings - thats intentional.

Hpslashluvr - One of my mates mentioned the arse too. Given the size of her thighs, her arse would have to be obscenely huge, so for designs sake, i kept it fairly small. I used elastigirl from the incredibles as a basic reference.

01 January 2005
I was just being ironic about them being unusual... they are. Was just saying that I've always thought it an interestingly attractive costume... there should be more of them.

And by all means- bring on the ANIMATION!

01 January 2005
perfect character!

01 January 2005
Shes beautiful and sexy !...its an original design.Im waiting too for some animation with she...my congratulations!

Isaak

01 January 2005
From a photographer's pov I would lose the first pose. It isn't that important, it's still sketchy and I don't mean to be an arsehole. That first pose resembles the fourth, which is better.

Well, completely apart from that, absolutely brilliant work.

Hail to the bunny tail.

01 January 2005
excellent character andy !
the facial morphs look perfect

Thread Closed share thread