Bathroom Scene, Josh Staub (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2004
very nice render l like this lighting

10 October 2004
Talking mmm thats terrific ...but

... Why dont you go to your bathroom and take a picture of it and save all the trouble of doit in 3d???

whats the point ???

I dont get it...really

jajaja j/k ... Thats terrific work !!! keep it up

10 October 2004
Why not Photo?

Muzztein - It's funny you mention that because I asked the Ad Agency the exact same thing. In fact, the final Ad is a straight-on shot of the mirror, and what was required was more of a Photoshop thing to make the mirror look like it was fogged over with steam, and there was a "shape" wiped out in the mirror (make sense?). I can't post the final shot because it hasn't run in any publications yet, so I figured I'd post the rest of the bathroom scene here instead. I still think it could've been done with a photograph and photoshop work, but I must say I enjoyed the challenge anyway.

10 October 2004
jstaub would you be so kind as to post a wire frame your magnificent pic? I'm a novice taking pointers from you heavy hitters.

10 October 2004
Wireframe

Here's a wireframe for those who are interested -

Enjoy!

-js

10 October 2004
Thumbs up

Nice. the material are reality!!!

10 October 2004
oooh mai God what a nice render...awesome render dude......didn't know vray is that good......

very very very clean and whel done.......cheers

10 October 2004
OK you did answer my question, with which program to start.

I will start learning with 3ds

10 October 2004
Modeling is very good, however I noticed that the material you used for lavatory could be better. It's too shiny, too much reflection, it actually reminds me of tea cups. I would also create a few drops of water somewhere, maybe under the glass. That way it would look a bit more realistic I think, but nevertheless very nice work.

10 October 2004
oh my god, man this picture looks so nice, i cant get my eyes away from it

congrats guy !!

10 October 2004
Thumbs up Nice.....Depth of field....

Hi....
Its very nice piece of work.....I ever see this.
I love your depth of field.
I love your lighting.
I love total scene.

Ali Imran Zaidi.
+92-300-2322379
+92-321-3761770

10 October 2004
Wow Thats My Bathroom...

That a amazing work i really mean it ...dude ur fired up...way to go...but is that soap wet...just asking..coz of the reflection on it

enjoy keep working and amaze every one
regards
ankit Sharma

10 October 2004
I like it has a warm feeling but honestly in my opinion with scenes like this one it's kinda difficult to give full credit to the creator. what i mean is that the modeling is good and efficient but very simple, and there are little to no textures so it practically has more to do with setting up and adjusting parameters rather than any painstaking work of detailed and complex modeling, texturing (painting them too) etc. It's beatiful but in this picture i see too much of 3dmax, like a tech demo. If a scene like this one was to be made 5-6 years ago it would lose all it's charm and quality because back then 3d max couldn't provide you with such high quality reflection, refraction, lighting etc, so in a way this pic is 100% software depended.

10 October 2004
wow. that is a beautiful bathroom.

Thread Closed share thread