Early Bird, Adrian Cher (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #61
Thumbs up Excellent!

Totally impressive!!Awesome!!!Great intregration with the background too!!

Old 10 October 2004   #62
Looks really great, better then in Jurassic Park! As I've never seen a T-Rex in real life, I can't say whether it's realistic or not, but it may well be!

Old 10 October 2004   #63
Great work! And I like the background very much!

Old 10 October 2004   #64
Impressive work

Where you find reference? have you a blueprint?

Last work - Siemens SL55 | Lego Fugitive
MyWebSite - www.tatac.it
Free Italian C4d Magazine - www.cinemagazine4d.com

Old 10 October 2004   #65
beautiful. only one thing that I find could be improved - nice and clean teeth!!! In my opinion it would look better if your dinosaur had his teeth a bit more dirty, covered with blood or a kind of limescale....
Cheers

Old 10 October 2004   #66
WOW...real professional

Nice work !!

It is really professional !! nice

animation?

Old 10 October 2004   #67
Amazing work!!! I didnīt find anything about the render. Which render did you use?

Master and servant

space opera

my finished work

Luciano Berutti
Cg4Fun : )

Old 10 October 2004   #68
Nice work adrian! I'm looking forward to see her in action, with saliva and all. Keep the fire burning.

Old 10 October 2004   #69
Originally Posted by Marcin K: beautiful. only one thing that I find could be improved - nice and clean teeth!!! In my opinion it would look better if your dinosaur had his teeth a bit more dirty, covered with blood or a kind of limescale....
Cheers
I second that.

Old 10 October 2004   #70
Amazing!!! I love it, though the front teeth bother me a bit... don't know why.
Also I agree they're a bit too clean.

Old 10 October 2004   #71
Ditto on making the face dirty with blood.

You have to keep in mind that a t-rex is a scavenger, so take some examples of creatures like vultures that are scavengers and apply some texture characteristics onto your t-rex, for example makie his head covered in rotten blood, and give it a more red tint to the skin like he never washes his face and the old blod is leaving stains into the skin. A t-rex also hardly goes out for a stroll during day time, if not, he hardly goes ever out for a "stroll"

A t-rex tries to smell dead and rotten meat. it would be a nice idea to have his head pointed to the floor like he is smelling something.

these "details" all add to "realistic" possebilities ypu can add to your t-rex. + never have him pick up anything with his front paws.. its impossible. He can' t even reach the corners of his mouth with it let alone pick up something. Also running isnt such a good idea. t-rexes arent good runners, plus they would brak their back and ribbcages if he would hall. he doesnt have large front claws to break is fall and he can't lift himself up with it. The t-rex would die with broken bones and internal bleedings from a fall.

Old 10 October 2004   #72
totaly awsome!! good job.

Old 10 October 2004   #73
Smile

Thanks for the positive comments guys! I'm really glad you all like it. It's one of those pet projects of mine, after watching Jurassic park, i've always wanted to recreate a Trex, i guess nowadays it's much easier, with newer tools etc.. ACT is a Discreet certified muscle and skin plugin. Check it out at : http://www.cgcharacter.com

For texturing, uvw unwrap, used photoshop to create texture from some photos of Rhinos, elephants, crocs lizards etc...i downloaded plenty of ref of these creatures and then looked thru them and photoshop-cloned areas that could be used to create a dinosaur skin. Much easier than painting from scratch. I've ended up using a shellac material, Oren-nayar-Blinn for the base consisting of Diffuse map, bump map mixed 50-50 with a cellular map and a map for Gloss, Spec and Diffuse Level ( to create the wet/dry areas.) Inverted and used as a mask for the Reflection slot. Also a Displace map applied on top of the Meshsmooth modifier. This was also mixed in to contribute to the Bump map. It adds finer detail to the Displacement.
The shellac layer just had a copy of the Bump slot.

For the render, used Brazil, 1 bounce, 1 Direct for Sunlight.

Again, thanks for the crits! Will make the changes highlighted and try to get going with the animation. Looks like i've got plenty to do...little by little i'll get it done.

Cheers.

Old 10 October 2004   #74
EXCELLENT work mate. Everything is top notch

Old 10 October 2004   #75
Thumbs up

AWESOME

good modeling n texture ,hope to learn from you ~

YEAH ~

Thread Closed share thread