Wood Dragon, Chris Lomaka (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
Question Hello

Hello, could someone help me with putting my own pic in my avater please
and also in my signature
Thanks alot

TOTAL ERADICATION

09 September 2004
well, i don't like the idea of fixing the final image in photoshop. the textures should be prepared so they look well already in final rendering. that's my opinion. despite it the picture is great.

second-life-syndrome

09 September 2004
Thumbs up

Your work is realy cool! Hello from Moscow =)

09 September 2004
awesom, totally cool.

09 September 2004
Gut

I think that you molodec!

09 September 2004
Marvellous work! I like the concept very much, something reminds me for Lord Of The Rings designs and that's great!

If you take advises from noobies like me,I'll just say that the bunch of leaves positioned infront of the dragon's right arm(at the left side of the image) looks very flat.My opinion is to remove it.The DOF effect isn't so important,bacause the dragon is just great!

P.S. Please tell me how did you make the trees in the final render, are they composed in Photoshop or whit Maya's Paint Effects and sorry for my poor English

09 September 2004
All the foliage (fore and background) were done in photoshop. Had I the time, I would have mapped it to geometery, but I like how it turned out

www.chrislomaka.com

09 September 2004
This is great... composition, color, design, everythying... it makes me happy looking at it.

09 September 2004
looks good, but if you dont mind i have a few crits. first off everything is green in the picture, te dragon looks to be made out of bark yet he is green, i havnt seen green back before. know i know that you might not be going for realism but if you changed taht green on teh dragon to aa brown, or even a blue white, aspens are taht color, then that dud woudl pop right out. also does he have wings, im asuming that the sticks going up from te sides are wings, but teh wing looks liek a tree and totaly blends in with the background. if they are not wings give hiom some, all dragons have some sort of wings, and what good is a dragon that cant fly. also you put some tone on the close arm, but no where else, just woundering did you try other places and it didnt look good or did you get lazy? lets see... also this is a person prefrence but teh volumic light just doesnt work. it doesnt feel like its in the picture as much as it feel like its a comp job, plus its a verry warm yellow which if that was the sun source it would be making your white rock yellow. other then that cool image, tweak some stuff and it will be tight, i realy like the rock that he is on you did a realy good job with the texture and such. anywoh keep it up man. _Matt

09 September 2004
Smile Animate this dragon mannn...

If you animate it, it would be awsome... ps. nice work

09 September 2004
Omfg

If i could vote 10 i would have given you 10... this is such a great art pice here.. So original.. and soo cool.. you really captured he in a good view.. i dont know what to day.. have no words... just to beutiful for this world..

10 October 2004
Outstanding work!

10 October 2004
Thumbs up

i say just Whaouw!!!

10 October 2004
i say just Whawou!!!
congratulation

Thread Closed share thread