Yeah! - Hero In Shinning Armor :), Spellcraft Studio (Animation)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #61
Just incredible! This is one of the best work of char design and animation i've ever seen. I just can't wait to see the complete movie

Old 09 September 2004   #62
Hello,

thanks for all the kind response...!!!

the animation is key framed... with the help of video references (of myself jumping around in front of a camera)... although I'm not a good actor it helps a lot acting out the scenes, trying different moves before doing the animation itself...

Vadim

Old 09 September 2004   #63
Yeah, I recognize the Boss from Splutterfish's Gallery section as well.

It's smart using rotoscopy (if U can call it that in 3D), saves a lot of time with the timing and weighting. It looks great!

I saw Nvidia and Splutterfish being sponsors on the project. How do they contribute to the project? Software and hardware, I suppose

Do you use a renderfarm? It's commonly known, that Brazil is not the ultimate solution for GI calculations in animation, especially compared with Final Render and Vray.

I was quite sure that I saw render-time displacement mapping there. How did you cheat it? With bumps? Now that Brazil does not currently support displacement mapping (untill v.2).

Old 09 September 2004   #64
Very nice. The cloth is outstanding. What tool did you use for the cloth?

Old 09 September 2004   #65
I'm sure Spellcraft is well versed in traditional animation principles.. hand keyed and all that, rotoscoping or having video references plus some of his own creative input, it's fine. Pixar guys do that too, just that they add lots of their creative inputs and stylised their stuffs..besides just following video references (or rotoscoping).

This work is great. I'm getting impatient to see his final film. Keep up the good work. I'm also keeping an eye out for your 'making of' series.

Old 09 September 2004   #66
That animation is really amazing... did u use the video just as a reference or did you rotoscope it over it??? Gotta yourself a new fan!... can´t see any thing that I could critic in here... the shading is fine, the model is fine, and the animation is really great, cant even find a major trouble with the cloth simulation, wich is very good too, maybe theguy in the first jump needs a little more weight, but well, great work!

www.animation.art.br
http://andreholzmeister.blogspot.com

Old 09 September 2004   #67
Using video reference is not rotoscoping. Rotoscoping is tracing a video image in 2D. In 3D it would be something like projecting your live video behind your 3D character and matching the poses frame by frame or key by key.
These tests are amazing in every account and one thing one can't roto is the facial expression of the hero in close up. That little bit was perhaps the coolest thing I've seen on CGtalk... you need to see the DivX version to appreciate it. Can't wait...
love,hen

Old 09 September 2004   #68
Perfect, nothing to say, good luck for the rest. I am sure that it will be a very good film.

Old 09 September 2004   #69
Really impressed!

Excellent job!

Old 09 September 2004   #70
Although it is not motion-captured and even if it is, I think this is the finest character animation that I have ever seen - better than even Square's Final Fantasy movie. It also proved that human observation is still more important than software supremacy.

Old 09 September 2004   #71
very nice !!!

motion capture ?

Old 09 September 2004   #72
one small crit...his arms and hands jumped out at me, that they looked a tad too long and big, respectively.

o

Old 09 September 2004   #73
Talking

It's very very good! I love it!

I love his expression! For me, this is the "coolest" thing.
by the way, his attitude is very cool! He remembers me Bruce Campbell.

Hey, can you post here the reference video you used?

It may be funny as hell!

Congratu "****ing" lations!!!

Old 09 September 2004   #74
Man, everything is great. The modelling, texturing, rendering, character design and definitely the animation! It just ****ing rocks! Please tell me you work for either ILM or Pixar or have turned both down repeatedly in the past few months!!!

Can we see some wireframes or texture sheets? How many bones in them there rigs? Pretty please with sugar on top!

Marque Pierre Søndergaard
Texture Artist!
- Blog - IMDb

Old 09 September 2004   #75
Awesome animation man! this stuff is improving my patriotism .... a damn good piece of work.... I love this last Monster falling down *lol* ... and the main chars kind of dancing, and so on ....

greetings,
wavestone

Thread Closed share thread