Yeah! - Hero In Shinning Armor :), Spellcraft Studio (Animation)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #46
Great job.
XenaTrek.

Old 09 September 2004   #47
Wow. Amazing work. All the stuff on the site is hugely impressive. Can't fault the animation.

BTW there are couple of spelling mistakes there - don't know if the knight in "Shinning" armour bit's intentional but on the front page there's "coffe mugs".

Old 09 September 2004   #48
i love your work so.....
the boss, creeps, an amazon and the hero - it looks like a crazy mix and i can´t wait to see the whole shortfilm.
your animationtests are great and full of creativity.
unbelievable that only one man can do this all

Old 09 September 2004   #49
Wohooow that's really amazing ... some parts look like mo-cap, others don't ... but still, your characters look more alive than most "realistic" 3d-characters ... great job

Old 09 September 2004   #50
super geil! wunderbarer backround .. .geniale bewegungen und sausstarke texturenn

schöne grüsse aus giessen nach Berlin...

simply amazing .. beautiful backround .. genius movements an amazing textures

greetz to berlin from giessen...

Old 09 September 2004   #51
Hey Vadim, I hope you won't get snapped up by some company before you finish that movie!

Great to see that you're still working on it, I love the style and music, especially of the new hero animation. The hero is full of expression, has lots of character. Now show me the movie!!

Old 09 September 2004   #52
GREAT work... absolutely... did you use the mo-cap?

Old 09 September 2004   #53
Top-notch work all the way around, and funny too.

Old 09 September 2004   #54
Really awesome work. Very nice animation and model.

Old 09 September 2004   #55
I've been following your site for a long while. I love your stuff it's really good.

The hero is a great new addition. Great attitude, you should give him Elvis glasses instead of the aviator ones.

Will animate for money. Check out my reel.

Feel free to stop by my website and look around.

Old 09 September 2004   #56
The character is awesome, the animation can be compared to that of Gollum, and far better than the mocaped crap in Polar Express. Hats off man, don't know how you did it, but with a good story and direction, you may become the Pixar of Europe realy soon!

Animusing Productions
old animation stuff.

Old 09 September 2004   #57
It's all so good,,,
It's true that the hero looks like mocap, but most of us are used to see classic Disney / WB - style animation when keyframed by hand. I can spot that stuff (exaggeration, anticipation etc.) with the creeps.
I really like the design on the hero. A lot of humour in it!

Making stuff with this quality must take a while? If you guys can make a living with other things, then take your time with Yeah! and finish it!

I don't know about the script and the storyboard, but I think they eventually decide on the success of a film. Nevertheless the modelling, texturing, animation, rendering are all so good, that I hope the storytelling is in par..

I hope all of luck to you with this project, and don't kill yourself with work

Old 09 September 2004   #58
Now correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that monster boss featured in nVIDIA's book title Cg Tutorial! Finally, I can appreciate the work in its entirety.

Old 09 September 2004   #59
Smile

Amazing! You did it again Vadim! I've been waiting for this Can't wait to see the whole short!!! Keep it up!

Old 09 September 2004   #60
I eat up everything I can find on this short. Great to see another update! The "hero" looks like a great character. I can't wait to see more of him. Any chance you could post a nice shot of the Amazon? Doesn't seem like nearly enough shots/animations of her on the website. Looking forward to the final work!

Thread Closed share thread