Diver, Aydin Uluc (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #16
Reminds me of Scuba Steve in the adam sandler movie-big daddy Nice work though!
My DigitalTutors

If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door

Old 08 August 2004   #17
Damn, I thought this sucker was hipoly, had no idea it was a game model, you shure fooled me

Old 08 August 2004   #18
Tobe serious, always look confusing on a lowpoly model rendered in GI. But well, you've some nice modeling going on the model.

Old 08 August 2004   #19
Originally Posted by Andy H: Really nice - looks very realistic, but if work of this good quality can get frontpage, then i get the impression that the game art forum is beeing overlooked.... I often see excellent character work on it that matches, and sometimes surprasses this piece.
Was the fact that its in the finished 3d forum and not the game forum a contributing factor to it being plugged? Should game modelers post their images in this forum when theyre completed? There isnt a finished game art forum or anything, just a combined WIP/ finished one.

I agree with Andy strongly on this one. I can think of 3 models right now that blow me away in the game art section, and although this is impressive, I don't see why everyone is congratulating the texturing. Cgtalk expands with new sections to help keep everything clear, but then sections get neglected. Bobo and Bent are overworked to begin with, so it might help to get someone else to help out.
I think the modeling is the strong aspect. THe texture sheet is pretty poorly layed out and it looks like someone went crazy with the smudge finger. The texturing could get more detail and crispness if it was layed out properly to fill the space better. This concept is fresh and cool, and I like the posing, but shouldn't be considered finished until that texture sheet is corrected.

Old 08 August 2004   #20
Smile

Thanks again for the kind words and the modeling,texturing and skinning took me not even 2 days. The deadlines are crazy for the projects that I work on. So it's not that I have 2 or 3 weeks to finish up a character.

Aydin

Old 08 August 2004   #21
The texture really adds a level of realism to it, that disguises the fact that it is a low poly model. I must say that it is impressive how real it looks, with that few polys. Good work man!

Old 08 August 2004   #22
Amazing work....this is just so...real!! awesome texturing/modelling/shading....all!
very good work!

peace

Old 08 August 2004   #23
the texture it´s nice

Old 08 August 2004   #24
Originally Posted by Sheep Factory: I personally dont check the game art forum (forget to most of the time) so yea post your finished pieces to the gallery and it'll increase your frontpage chances greatly since all the mods look at the gallery validation regularly.
Hello!

I personally, don't check the finished work section, just come here from the frontpage most of the time. But I do check the gameart section regularly, and If I post I post there because I'd like feedback from game-artists in first place. Maybe others posting finished works in the game art section do think the same way. So mods shouldn't neglect those works posted in the gameart forum.

So, about this peace. In my opinion it's a good peace for what it's made (simulation) and considering that 2 days went in the making. Not anything extravagant, but successfull, and people working in the game industry, should learn the art of success. To to finish pieces in time and draw the margin. I do think it's not frontpage quality, but I learned to respect those works wich are effectively made and finished.
aydinu, well done!

Peace!

*How to paint game textures thread

Open your mind...
Ctrl+A,
Del.

Old 08 August 2004   #25
Originally Posted by Neil: I agree with Andy strongly on this one. I can think of 3 models right now that blow me away in the game art section, and although this is impressive, I don't see why everyone is congratulating the texturing. Cgtalk expands with new sections to help keep everything clear, but then sections get neglected. Bobo and Bent are overworked to begin with, so it might help to get someone else to help out.

i think it would be an overkill for mods to be at places all the time. besides i thought that if you liked some artwork was worthy to be plugged you could let the mods know about it. alternativley i would suggest to assign a mod for this category. i suspect Ali would have anticipated all this when he plugged the image.

hey Aydin,
i feel the image 'breathes' life. i also like the feel of the life-saving-bag.
keepIt_up!

Old 08 August 2004   #26
Exellent work...
And so clean! clean wire clean texture clean lighting... = clean

Old 08 August 2004   #27
very impressive work

Old 08 August 2004   #28
Wery impressive work , the textures make the model look hight poly , give a great realizm feeling , good job

Old 08 August 2004   #29
Duiker

Ziet er goed uit Aydin.

Old 08 August 2004   #30
For everyone who is upset about this work's plug on the front page, please remember that you too can help us by drawing our attention to high-quality work. We cannot be everywhere at once. We rely on our members to help out by making suggestions for plugs.

So to recap. Use the "Report this post to a moderator" function. Or PM us. We are not deliberatly attempting to overlook certain forums.

-Dave

Thread Closed share thread