Diver, Aydin Uluc (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Diver, Aydin Uluc (3D)

Title: Diver
Name: Aydin Uluc
Software: 3ds Max 5 And Photoshop 6

I created this image for work. This model is built for Virtual Reality purposes in our training simulations for the emergency response seector. The diver has about 7500 faces. The maximum size for the texture is 1024x1024.

08 August 2004
Very nice modelling and texturing.

*Plugged

08 August 2004
that is some truely amazing shader/texture work there. really looks hi-poly. in fact the only part that looks low poly is the rope/box.

stunning

08 August 2004
and here is a wire

08 August 2004
It's amazing how deceptively high-poly it looks. Awesome work.

-kol.

08 August 2004
very nice texture work, well done!

08 August 2004
Very nice and clean mesh with excelent textures. Is there anyway you could post a close up of the diver from a few angles ?

08 August 2004
Thanks for the nice replys guys. And I will upload some cluse-ups asap

Aydin

08 August 2004
Secksy, I like

Blizzard Art Contest Entry

JesseIrvin.com

email me at: jesse@jesseirvin.com

08 August 2004
Smile

And here are some close-ups. I can't show you guys the final close-up renders because I don't have the latest files at home ( I never had thought that It would show up on the frontpage

08 August 2004
I'd love to see the texture sheet.

It seems like there might be more detail than you need on the this wires/hoses. I would distribute that detail into the rope holder, his crotch and his shoulders. Is he going to be animated? If so it seems like you may have some problems with the crotch/armpits.

Nice work.

08 August 2004
I only had to make a very simple backwalk cycle and a simple swimming motion. So no need for extra detail in the mesh. Here are the 2 textures that I used: 1 for the body and 1 for the tools

08 August 2004
Really nice - looks very realistic, but if work of this good quality can get frontpage, then i get the impression that the game art forum is beeing overlooked.... I often see excellent character work on it that matches, and sometimes surprasses this piece.
Was the fact that its in the finished 3d forum and not the game forum a contributing factor to it being plugged? Should game modelers post their images in this forum when theyre completed? There isnt a finished game art forum or anything, just a combined WIP/ finished one.

Thats my mini-rant over - sorry for being a moaner!

As i said - looks great for the poly count, and the textures really add to it.

08 August 2004
Originally Posted by Andy H: Really nice - looks very realistic, but if work of this good quality can get frontpage, then i get the impression that the game art forum is beeing overlooked.... I often see excellent character work on it that matches, and sometimes surprasses this piece.
Was the fact that its in the finished 3d forum and not the game forum a contributing factor to it being plugged? Should game modelers post their images in this forum when theyre completed? There isnt a finished game art forum or anything, just a combined WIP/ finished one.

Thats my mini-rant over - sorry for being a moaner!

As i said - looks great for the poly count, and the textures really add to it.

I personally dont check the game art forum (forget to most of the time) so yea post your finished pieces to the gallery and it'll increase your frontpage chances greatly since all the mods look at the gallery validation regularly.

Thread Closed share thread