Connected, Benny (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #16
Creativity and design look top notch.

From an artist point of view it has a cutted-off focus. The big foot caught in the scenery of wired background is having this affect of warbling in and out with the white spaced areas. It has this demanding focus that really shouldn't be there.

Old 08 August 2004   #17
Talking

thx for the wire, still really awsome

-rein

Old 08 August 2004   #18
Wow thats realy nice. Kool style. Any chance we'll see this in the us. Great work.

Old 08 August 2004   #19
thats a nice one! I like it!

I am just not so sure about the position transition between the orange and white. I would expect it to be a bit on the right and not on the center.

Old 08 August 2004   #20
Hey that is awesome.... I live in Hong Kong so maybe I'll get to see the catalogue sometime.

Old 08 August 2004   #21
really nice !!!

Old 08 August 2004   #22
First of all, I would like to thank all that have posted.

Quote: BESTrin: Wow thats realy nice. Kool style. Any chance we'll see this in the us. Great work.
I wish but I think it is only for local advertising. It is a low budget project.

Quote: Ch3: thats a nice one! I like it!

I am just not so sure about the position transition between the orange and white. I would expect it to be a bit on the right and not on the center.
The position of the transition was set at the center because I have to have enough white space for the product shots. Also I set it on the center because it was also the binding position for the catelog.

Quote: krazed:Hey that is awesome.... I live in Hong Kong so maybe I'll get to see the catalogue sometime.
That would be cool. It is available for free in all NIKE shop but be warned that the catelog might look somewhat different from the image i posted because I had to do some changes and tweaks to fit what the client wants. But if you do managed to get a hold of a copy, you should check out one of the other image (it is pinkish in color). I personally believe that it is the best one in the catelog. He did it using Illustrator. Maybe I can ask him if I could post it so everybody can see.

Old 08 August 2004   #23
Ahh.... okay. I was always wondering how people got those types of renders...Shame on me for not trying to figure it out. Sweet thanks.

Ed

Old 08 August 2004   #24
Thumbs up

Awesome style! It is so refreshing to see images done in 3D that can't be shoved into the pile of "mainstream" 3D stuff we see today. If that makes any sense. I really enjoy your colors and composition (the angle you have chosen is great!) and I totally understand why the blend to white had to be in the middle. I bet once the product info/shots are in there it will balance it out. Any way you could post a huge resolution image for us to drool over?

Too bad talent like this is wasted (IMO) on huge, super-evil corporations. "What I've seen made my heart hurt, throat burn, stomach turn, and ribs sting. I noticed that that nike symbol was nothing but a whip in mid swing." -Sage Francis

Old 08 August 2004   #25
Quote: Moonlit Matt: Any way you could post a huge resolution image for us to drool over?
Here is a link to a bigger resolution (2500X1250). It is based on a 2:1 ratio, so feel free to crop and resize to your liking. If it is still too small for you, I can post an even bigger one. Thanks.

http://www.dajoint.com.hk/~benny/NIKEbig.jpg

Benny

Old 08 August 2004   #26
very creative !

Old 08 August 2004   #27
Thanks! Thats a pretty big image. It had officially been saved to my "Inspiration" folder.

Old 09 September 2004   #28
n i c e w o r k
w -----------------g
a -----------------o
o -----------------o
w -----------------d
g r e a t w o r k

Old 01 January 2005   #29
Somhow reminds me Animatrix

Old 03 March 2005   #30
Thumbs up wonderful

originality !!!