The Kitchen, Zuliban (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2004   #46
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by zuliban: thx guys indeed the iamge was made to look like a super clean magazine kitchen thx for the crictics and commentaries about the rendertime it was 2 days 48 hours straight and about AA it couldnt put some more or the scene will go for something like 5 days lol. well many tthx and many thx for the front page!!!

2 days, 48 hours? are you kidding??

with mental ray you can render comparable images with higher sampling in approx. 4-8 hours per frame on a 2ghz machine.. (actually i'm not that artistic talented to create such a scene, so please don't ask

..but on the other side, the difference to vray is that you can't render a whole sequence with mental ray without the need of extra the 4-8 hours of computation per frame..
I never tried vray, only read that vray would be sooo fast after the precomputation.. so maybe that's the the diffence between the renderers.. ?? can anyone confirm this? would also like to know if FinalRender also needs such long precomputation... ??

nevertheless.. really good and artistic work!!!

Old 07 July 2004   #47
nice

i also agree with most of the things said. no need for dirt though.
something that bothers me a little bit is the physikal depth of the sink (as shallow as a tomatoe in height?) as well as the depth of the cabinets. the latter problem might be the angle though. both could need a little more space, (u wanna wash/put dishes in there right?)

great job!

Old 07 July 2004   #48
very nice image. im not into questioning realness of it, thats what cameras are for. that seems to be a very impractical sink by the way! the tomatoes inside it seem a little out of place, drawing more attention to the shallow sink. i'll have to be honest with you - i dont like the sink. great job!

Old 07 July 2004   #49
Looks great overall. My only feedback would be a few small points:

I hope you can add anti-aliasing to the cabinets beneath the sink, if it isn't taking too long to render the scene.

The tomatoes need bounce light - it would make sense to give the tomatoes at least as much bounce light as the pears are getting, because the sink bottom under the tomatoes is brighter than the cutting board beneath the pears.

I can see from your mesh that you modeled some variation into the towel, but the lighting on it is making it look flat because it lacks directionality - try giving it less general GI and more of a light from screen-left.

Is that greenish jar supposed to be empty, or is there liquid in it? If it's liquid I can't see the top surface of it. Actually, some water and wetness would add a lot to the scene, especially in the sink and on the tomatoes.

-jeremy

Old 07 July 2004   #50
very ncie job. All perfect in my eyes but 2 things:

-the pears don't look real. With my pear experience, eating that is, they should be a bit darker green and should have darker spots.

-the tomatoes look composited in. The shading looks odd...

still unreal... or should I say real!

nice one.

Old 07 July 2004   #51
In response to the 'short sink' issue - I have been in model homes as of late ... and, they have a vegetable sink ... a smaller sink where you wash vegetables and the like. In this render ... there is a second sink on the left under the cutting board. That is the sink where you would wash dishes (if you didnt have a dish washer )

Old 07 July 2004   #52
i see...

well obviously you must've thought of something when modeling the sink...
didn't even knw such a fancy shmancy veggie sink exists
thx for the explanation

Old 07 July 2004   #53
very good work love it

and its real

www.doleep.com

Old 07 July 2004   #54
hey thx for the criticts but some of you have a little bad eye, the sink for example is identical as i see on the reference also the tomatoes maybe they need some variarion on color but the bounces are right , about the green fruit yes they are darker but the scene is very bright then they became more bright too the bounces are placed 1.0 the maximum level in vray . im right about the lighting i shold have made it more visible the shadow the cabinets lost their volumen but because the light is in front well many thx ill take in considetarion most of the critics

Old 07 July 2004   #55
Talking

Originally Posted by Ric_535: of course its clean - its brand new - why do people think to be photoreal you have to dirty it all up - things start out clean you know

Great Job

I agree with you

now the question is, was that his intention?
great job anyway, just that the anti-alias looks like it needs some work.

I cant say much, my work is no where near this.......HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

Old 07 July 2004   #56
Hey nice render so you are frome Mexico, were are you from??

Old 07 July 2004   #57
Hey Mate...!!

Nice Image.Very clean and mudy.Did you use HDRI system or only Vray lights?
Seems so amazing.Please put us some expression about your Vray settings or the scene if may be.

Ali Reza

Old 07 July 2004   #58
truuuue....nice work! i would love to have a kitchen counter like that. Looks easy to manage..... Beautiful render and congrats on front page.

-cat

Old 07 July 2004   #59
i must say very impressive work ...truely nice ...would u like share ... on how did u do it ....

regards

Old 07 July 2004   #60
WOOOOOW! I wish I had VRay! That looks AMAZING! Love it.

Thread Closed share thread