Battlefield (eidos), Xavier Marquis (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2004   #46
Very nice shot and feeling portrayed. Good job! I'd love to play this game.
As far as ethics, videogames/entertainment, and violence are concerned... it's at the root level of human nature. It will appear in the most sophisticated societies (Roman Empire & colloseum, U.S. & games/movies, Japan & anime, etc) and it will appear in the most primitive (human sacrifices & religion). Enjoyment of violence is as 'natural' as enjoyment of procreation & eating to the thinking being known as Homo Sapiens. Maybe as we take control of our evolution, and if given enough time, we can cut out all the 'bad' genes that cause 'bad' behavior so we will all be smiling, happy cows in the future. Until then, realize that billions of humans are entertained by love and violence, benevolence and malevolence. If you accept human nature you will be a 'happier' human.

Old 04 April 2004   #47
the FX is very good, do you have a animation?

Old 04 April 2004   #48
interesting!!!

i like it very much... this is nice and fantastic work!!!

Old 04 April 2004   #49
Thumbs down

Great Work, we should learn from you.
Are the plants paint efects? and the grass??
Can you show the background image?
How about a wire frame even from a diferent perspective to see how you put al this together
Its a great piece of art.

Old 04 April 2004   #50
Really great job,

Old 04 April 2004   #51
what a piece of art xavier....i always love your works. anyway, i saw your interview in cgchannel.com. congrats

Old 04 April 2004   #52
Quote:
Also, it surprises me that so many people are objecting to the images' content. I never heard any objections to movies of American soldiers in Medal of Honor blasting Nazi troops (for example), or any objections to the countless other capital ventures that focus on war

The main difference between MOHAA and BF1942 and other games is that they never showed the "cruelties" of war. They made it generic, as if you were watching a 1955 WWII based Audie Murphy movie. They never showed headless Nazi's, they never showed concentration camps full of Jews, they never showed body parts or limbless soldiers. They showed tanks blowing up. They showed airplanes blowing up. Showing a soldier crucified on bamboo in tasteless.....showing EMOTION in a video game, one side or another, is tasteless. Yes, I know we are talking about symantics here...but the other video game companies have refrained from the "real"violence....the worst I see in BF and MOHAA are bodies flying in the air, flailing....but you dont see limbless bodies, or heads flying around, or pools of blood. There is a certain limit and class a company should use for war based games. The GI being crucified on bamboo is too personal IMO....yes, its the artists right to create what he or she wants....but that artist has to also be willing to accept criticisms, good or bad.

Why not just show headless babies or babie's bodies burning?

Old 04 April 2004   #53
Thumbs down

rock on! I love it!

Matt

Old 04 April 2004   #54
Really great works Xavier! Very good compositions and feeling!
I like a lot!

Old 04 April 2004   #55
Thanks a lot for all ur greetings.

DAREONER : mais comment j'ai pu louper ton post. Shame on me .. merci ça me fait très plaisir que tu me dises ça car tu es vraiment une pointure dans ce milieu.

Ce sont aussi mes pics les plus abouties techniquement c'est vrai et ce pour une seule raison. C'est devenu mon job alors qu'avant c'était des images juste faite a la sauvette chaque soir, luttant un peu contre la fatigue de la journée avec un café. C dingue mais ça change tout.

ça peut aussi t'expliquer ce pourquoi mon style @home est en plus brushy en ce moment. ça me permet d'aller plus vite et aussi de m'oxygener la vue pour conserver mon style le lendemain matin au taf.

Jfb : thx a lot guy ! call me M

- BoRG UNiT -

Old 04 April 2004   #56
Incredible. I hope that the game will be good. Judging from the art it must be.

Visit my Gallery

My Teams Site

Old 04 April 2004   #57
nice work

Old 04 April 2004   #58
GREAAAAAAAAAAAT work!!!
franchement ca tue!!!

Old 04 April 2004   #59
Rien qu'en voyant la vignette en front page, j'étais sûr que c'était toi!

Wonderfull work, "monsieur le Marquis", I think that's really near of what I think about War horror, specially in Vietnam!
I'd love more darkness, maybe, but know it's for commercial stuff!
Anyway, you're the best!
And by the way, congratulations too for "the Plague"...

C'est décidé, j'arrete les pin's vieux, euh... j'arrete la 3D, t'es trop en avance, et moi je prends trop de retard!

Flo

Old 04 April 2004   #60
hello Xavier

sorry de parler en français , mais je ne pourrai dire autant de chose aussi sincère que cela.
l’update de ton site est vraiment bien et surtout les deux dernières réalisations sont Franchement d’un grand niveau en 3d et tu progresses vite aussi en CG 2d,

Pour parler des deux cg 3d , je n’aime pas trop le thème de la guerre mais la je suis impressionné par la mise en scène, le cadrage, la composition, les couleurs sont riches mais très proche en chromatiques ( t’es pas tomber dans le coté obscure de l’arc en ciel comme moè ) , il y a beaucoup de sensibilités dans le deuxième aussi avec le marines

Good Job

Thread Closed share thread