Gayax, Bang Sanghyun (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2004
nice... very nice....

04 April 2004
I think the quality is good, only thing I can see is that the Barbarian character has on some pretty modern boots, I'm not sure if they had rubber soles and heels back then.

Other then that I like it.

04 April 2004
Congratulations on this....it looks awesome!!

Now...stop working so hard!
We need to go out and grab some mekju's
Han tuk ssah!!

04 April 2004
Nice stuff
Remembers me a guy in Soul Edge , do u remember that game?

04 April 2004
all i see is [x]

www.joedeangelisportfolio.com

04 April 2004
just amazing

www.doleep.com

04 April 2004
Great job !!! i like it.

"Go the extra mile"
My website here

04 April 2004
I honestly don't see what makes that ax so homosexual

04 April 2004
hahaha

plays_4_pants: THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING WHEN I READ THE TITLE!!!! i was like GAY AX?!?!?! WTF!!??

oh man I kept hoping some one would notice that.. oh man... funny...

anyhoo, vushvush(correct name) i think your crit is too harsh, for a team of three, i believe that is seriously good work.. the modeling is pretty much top notch, textures are as good as they are gonna get for a game like that, actually i dont really understand what your saying about the textures.. theres incredible detail on them... you have seen the high res version right?

my main crit is the emotion of the scene... and the lack of dirtyness.. things should be more "roughed up" and there should be more hatred in this shot (with facial expressions etc)

i dont really understand how you can "bash" the quality... why exactly should a team of three be able to do better than this? in "this day of age" this quality to me is right below blizzard quality in terms of apearance and feel. (especially the sky)

04 April 2004
i agree that it is indeed high quality, but just doesn't come jump at you due to the pose and positioning of the characters.
I would like to see some more tension, and editing the pose of the character on the left, the hammer is kinda getting lost in the outline of the character.

04 April 2004
Re: hahaha

Geat 3d work Bang sanghyun! This kind of 3d work is at the top of my interest, 3d art that is made to promote a company etc. That's what I call putting polygons to work.

Quote: Originally posted by Geta-Ve

i dont really understand how you can "bash" the quality... why exactly should a team of three be able to do better than this? in "this day of age" this quality to me is right below blizzard quality in terms of apearance and feel. (especially the sky)

As to 3d quality for PR work, working for a client is not the same as modeling 3d work for a 3d art contest. Hehehe. The two separate functions bare little resemblance and working with a client yields better opportunities for future commercial contacts. The task of landing a lucrative contract with a prominent client outweighs the prize winnings in some 3d contest. To me graphic presentation is what pro 3d is all about any way you shake it. Forreal.

04 April 2004
Awesome!

Wow, really awesome picture, nice textures and everything! keep 'em comin!! (please? )

04 April 2004
Geta-Ve, ok, fine, I won't give legit crit anymore.

The image is amazing!!!!!

Perfect!!

I thought it was a photo! or a Painting! (whatever you were going for, that's what I think!)

The crits are valid, I've seen both versions and the high res version actually shows those issues more clearly (of course).

I left a disclaimer saying that perhaps they had a tight deadline and rushed it or something. But my point remains, this is 3-4 year old quality, and would add if its a poster, the composition should be more dramatic and forceful, not a medium shot as it is.

If people don't want crits, don't post work to get critiqued.

04 April 2004
wow, good work !!!

04 April 2004
Art of Critique

They must shop from the same metal smith. The pattern on the war hammer looks similar to the pattern on the armor of the sword wielder.

I'm dying to see the main character though "GAYAX" hehe

Top notch work dude! Go Korea!

Oh yeah and Vushvush, I know your trying not to come off as a whining bitch or anything... or be harsh in any way and i respect that .

But your failing badly at both.

Thread Closed share thread