Basilic, Luciano Neves (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
brilliant piece of architecture

03 March 2004
I don't understand why you'd say that the lighting 'isnt' dynamic enough'.... not everything has to be lite by orange and purple lights and set at night with laneterns and shit. It's realistic to an overcast day. I like it a lot.

03 March 2004
Really cool! I see that every day out my window!!! (No kidding)

Inspiration sources : http://www.louisfabien.fr - paintings

03 March 2004
Ooo, rainy

Very nice. I do think this could hold its own if thrown into a live-action shot.

But you do have some unresolved composition issues. Nothing a move of the camera wouldn't fix, thanks to the medium, but still an issue non-the-less. Depending on what you want, you can either take Raul's advice and move the camera back enough to straighten the lines and give us a full view. That is good if you want us to be more objective or technical. The other is to move in even closer (or better yet, just crop the image) so that the dome is cut off at least a quarter of the way. Right now we're left wondering just what is at the very tip-top of this thing, which, unless you intend to reveal something odd is infact on the tip of the building, is distracting us from the rest of it. Cutting more off by putting the camera closer will make it more natural, since people rarely walk around looking up at stuff, but will still give us enough to see that this is big and important. At least, that's the theory.

I hope this helps a bit. Overall, you've got nothing to worry about. The model, the lights, and for the most part the textures are all solid work; anyway, in the real world it's the DP and the director who dictates where the camera goes.

03 March 2004
This looks amazing.

03 March 2004
AWSOME!!

03 March 2004
fantastic job!

Check out the Latinamerican Thread

03 March 2004
excellent, very impressive!

03 March 2004
Thank you very much my friends, tomorrow I will be answering all of the e-mails and i

Thank you very much my friends, tomorrow I will be answering all of the e-mails and inserting one more test image.

- Thank you very much
- Merci beaucoup
- Danke schön
- Grazie mille
- Muchas gracias

Luciano Neves

03 March 2004
New images, old tests.

New images, old test.

Luciano Neves

03 March 2004
Parabéns Luciano! Excelente trabalho
I agree with some comments about the "too black areas". But looks really like a photo (maybe not the real thing, but A PERFECT PHOTO).

So, AWESOME PHOTOREALISTIC WORK!!!

03 March 2004
very good!
Too dark even in the one with more light.. Maybe it is to set a mood but I'd prefer a more exposed one, still having a cloudy day feel.

Another thing I noticed immediately is the mirrored textures on the front wall...

Keep up the good work!

03 March 2004
Talking

wow, Vary impressive .

03 March 2004
Great job man i Think that lightning are super, I like this dark ancient atmosphere....

Portfolio/homepage
NoEmotion

03 March 2004
great still with a very high qualiti lighting!!!

Thread Closed share thread