Lizardhunter, A.baldasseroni (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2004
SWEET!

That helmet is sooo sweet man. nice concept here. I would have to agree that both the modeling, and lighting are on point. Keep up the good work man!

03 March 2004
great work. Nice model and textures. The lighting isn't completely my style, but it's cool nevertheless

03 March 2004
Great character, and great render.
Awesome work as usual Balda

03 March 2004
very cool work!!!

03 March 2004
Very cool, nice portrait. Your modeling and texturing are top notch, and I think the composition and background work well with the overall mood.
A couple of things stand out to me. First, I would expect more tarnish on the gold/brass fittings and ornamentation on his belt from such a rough individual. He doesn't look like the sort who would sit around after knocking off a lizard and polish his girdle.
Second, I agree with the comment about his left arm position regarding the large load on his back. It just doesn't look like he's supporting much weight the way his wrist is bent (although he is fairly buff, and probably doesn't have to use a lot of his strength to hold that bag, at least compared to the average muscle mass of a cg nerd). This guy is obviously a professional, and he would probably have a way of hauling whatever it is in that bag more conveniently (i.e. shoulder straps).
Thats it! The texturing is just... wow... and the modeling is... oh yeah.

Thanks for sharing!
-T

03 March 2004
Very nice model, texturing is above average - big time!

The wireframe on the head and torso, work for still poses, but productively, they are messy and will be hard to bind/envelope.
Typically, facial wireframes need to be circulat around the mouth and eyes, it would be extremely difficult to animate shapes with the wireframe shown.

Sorry for the comments, just speaking from experience with production.

03 March 2004
He looks like Willem Defoe to me. Nice job on the model.

03 March 2004
I love it, and i love all the colors in this pic. I think there should be some soft shadowing where hes gripping his axe. That section looks pretty void of shadows, like the axe shouldnt even be there. I think the axe head could use some work too, it seems too flat, could just be the lighting though. Great modeling work, and very creative helmet design!

03 March 2004
Awesome level of detail!
Great textures too.

03 March 2004
Excellent model and textures. I'm really impressed by your attention to detail. I only have one crit, other than what's been stated already about the pose looking unnatural what with the heavy load. The other thing that stands out to me is the eyes. They seem lifeless, and sort of unfocused. It could be for a number of reasons, but I think the fact that they don't seem "wet" enough is one of the main factors. Also, setting the eyes that far apart gives the character an animalistic feel, but it also makes him tougher to empathize with since he looks so alien. Work on the eyes a bit, and the pose and this will be perfect IMO.

Great job!

03 March 2004
you did a great rendering job, the painting style is nice!

03 March 2004
u are truely my hero

i worship you.

how about some tutorials for us mortals. ???

03 March 2004
Nice work

03 March 2004
Fantastic work.

03 March 2004
Here's my take.
It's a bit over saturated, everything is blending into one.
And i don't like this 'thing' (circled) on his back... is that a rock?
I feel it messies up the outline of him, and you don't know where teh backpack starts/ends
But the rest is awesome, great work on the attnetion to detail.

Thread Closed share thread