Fantasy Plane - Cbrk 74, Anacardo (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2004   #46
I love it! great work, do you have a wireframe to show? when I first saw it I thought it was a painting, It's really a cool model and concept. Also I would like to know a bit about this "anti war" concept, cause I'm confused as to how a bomber fits into anti war :P

Old 02 February 2004   #47
I've tried to post some reply before.. but I really couldn't find it... Dunno...

thanks for all your nice comments: thanks thanks thanks. And thanks for all the critics!!
Here comes some more answers:

Wingspan: Wings are short, the lack of lift is countermeasured by the presence of three engines. Two propeller and one mixed. Some asked about the third engine: it is used to drive all the idraulics (rotating engines and indipendent ailerons) and it provides additional thrust to the all thing (mixed jet and rocket)... at least it SHOULD. (note the "should".. )

Carriage: the airplane has a central rotating carriage and two small wheels on the back thing (when on the ground, the plane has three point of suspensions and lies slightly rotated with the nose upwards) . But please note:

THIS PLANE IS ALMOST SITTING DUCK ON THE GROUND!!! (I loved the contradiction of this aspect... this way its like an albatross)

IT HAS TO BE CARRIED
IT HAS TO BE MOVED
IT CAN'T EVEN TAKE OFF BY ITSLEF.

I thought of a special truck that should be used for the purpose. The plane is lifted and then pulled from the back by the truck (you can see some attach mechanism on the back of the plane). Even during take off the plane is kept linked to the truck till it has enough power to lift the backside off the ground.

The truck... Not yet modeled.

MIssing textures: some of you noted the lack of textures here and there... or at least the lack of dirt. TRUE! some textures are missing (rotating blades for example.. the thing was supposed to be moving.. therefore I didn't create textures for the blades and used some noise instead.. shame on me....) Others are missing because a second more detailed model should have been created for closeups.. I was waiting to have the second one to create the textures... One thing completely missing is the cockpit (only a mokup)

More in future posts.

Old 02 February 2004   #48
Bellisimo

Really beautiful work, would'nt it be nice to see a whole short, or even better a movie with these kinds of designs and textures.
Even if it was made by a team.

And you say it was in the closet for 2 years, I never heard of a closet 3D Modeller and texture artist, but I would suggest you put it on your CV. Congrats on the front page, and welcome to CGTalk, looking foward to seeing more of your work.

It reminds me of the detail in the models in "The Hunt " and " Code Gaurdian".

I like your site, I had a look at the beta and it was very impresive.

Old 02 February 2004   #49
Awesome work. The research, thought and creativity needed to come up with this is blatantly obvious in the final result.

homepage:www.anthonyrosbottom.com

Old 02 February 2004   #50
It LOOKS cool , but I dont get the front being so long ..and the mechanical look ?? I mean the engines are on the wings so what purpose does it serve to have all that engine looking stuff in the front ??? ...well maybe estetics huh

Old 02 February 2004   #51
Thats the third engine he mentioned...
Read his post.

Old 02 February 2004   #52
amazing work dude...really nice concept

Interior: Hotel Suite

Tyrrell P34 WIP

-------------------

Old 02 February 2004   #53
this one is fantastic!

...i like the textures und light!

Old 02 February 2004   #54
Hi Anacardo, is this yr first model? man thats damn good.

Old 02 February 2004   #55
awesome! that's all!

Old 02 February 2004   #56
Wow, I was looking for inspiration for my next 3d project... And I just found it in your work.

I don't know how to give a bigger compliment then saying your work is a source of inspiration!

I would love to see more, including additional sketches (your beta site is quite confusing... I got lost in there)

Old 02 February 2004   #57
HOLY SHIT!!!!
omg... u just changed my life.

Old 02 February 2004   #58
seriously... thats the cooolest, most most most most coolest thing ive seen in the longest time.

Old 02 February 2004   #59
they could just plop them in a hollywood movie and i would PAY to see it.

Old 02 February 2004   #60
Great job! I like the design, and the texture is wonderful!

Thread Closed share thread