+++ Corridor +++, The Black Tulip (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2002   #16
Thumbs down

Very impressive, excellent attention to detail.
Bravo

jd

Old 06 June 2002   #17
sweeet, nice photo

btw just had a look at your site, amazing work

Old 06 June 2002   #18
Thanxxx ....

Understand that on "artquantic" site all isn't my work !!!

The author of others works is "The Ripper" .

Thanxxx again ....

Old 06 June 2002   #19
I think his name is Oliver.

the corridor looks pretty swave. the box kinda ruins it a bit but at the same time makes it look better. go figure, wheres my logic lead? either way, these are corridors i'd be happy to frag people in, although it might be hard when the wall is so high poly (if it were intended for a game, of course)

Old 06 June 2002   #20
Talking Matrix

Reminds me of the atmosphere in matrix, specially the subway, can you show us the subway one? that would be great.

Old 06 June 2002   #21
beautiful!

a very well done study!
I love the level of attention to details and the nice contrast of lights. however, I was wondering what it will look like if there is more shadodw (higher overall contrast) in the scene?

Old 06 June 2002   #22
Thanks for your critics

---> " The subway " isn't my work but ( The Ripper) work

Old 06 June 2002   #23
sounds cool that two great artists like you and theripper has joined forces(artquantic), do you work together on anything or do you do your work separately from eachother?

Old 06 June 2002   #24
RobinOberg:

We created "ArtQuantic" together, "The Ripper @ Jacques Defontaine" and myself "The Black Tulip @ Olivier van Tilborgh". We worked together in the past but right now, we are unemployed .
We've been trying to produce a short movie together but as we don't live in the same city, we barely see each others which makes it quite difficult.
Personally I' m very disappointed not be able to show what we could to do together but it's rather difficult for us to make otherwise.

Old 06 June 2002   #25
Beautiful work, does the scene you built exist in the real world, and you created a digital version, or is it a compilation of lots of different locations [I'm assuming those textures were helped along by a digital camera ]

If I were to be humbly critical, I would say that the left hand half of the image is almost spot on with lighting, but the right hand (the open face cupboard) seems a lil' wrong, the image suggests, due to the shadowing that a light is coming from high in the image, causing the quite sharp diagonal lines across the shelves... I can't exactly define what is wrong, but if the shadows on that side were tweaked a little it would be perfect, also maybe tweak the spec/highlights on the plastic... Far better then I can achieve, so I feel a lil' daft being critical, but if it can be of any help...

Regards,

Doobeh...

Old 06 June 2002   #26
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!

Short Animation: MANS BEST FRIEND?

"Go extreme with your actions. When you think you've gone far enough, go twice as far and you'll be half way there" - Art Babbitt

Old 06 June 2002   #27
Absolutly photo realistic , I doubt even trained hi-poly modelrs could tell it was not a photo if they did'nt know to look ..excellent work !

Old 06 June 2002   #28
Hey did you model that wall?????? Looks good but holy crap...why not use bump mapping?

Oh and what ap?

Old 06 June 2002   #29
Hi there,

Thanks again ,

Doobeh : For this scene I did not use any images of reference, except for some models. otherwise I find your remaques very interresante.( Thanks )

Brown : I did not use a bump simply because we are close to the wall and that the camera is parallel with the wall. ( in this condition the bump flattened )

app: ----> LIGHTWAVE .

Old 06 June 2002   #30
Great! Good job! I realy like it!

Thread Closed share thread