Artemis -Cybernetic Organism-, Sengjoon Song (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

Old 03 March 2014   #1
Artemis -Cybernetic Organism-, Sengjoon Song (3D)

Title: Artemis -Cybernetic Organism-
Name: Sengjoon Song
Software: Maya Mari Photoshop UVLayout V-Ray nDo
Submitted: 12th March 2014

Sci-Fi Female Cyborg Figure: Cybernetic Organism Artemis AA 3057

I wanted to make a fully functional and animated 3D model of this particular project because I have been interested in how this 3D model shows in a reel and how it transforms when moving.
Through this fully functional and animated 3D model, I intended to show the underlying mechanisms of how some of her body parts can open and carry out specific functions. For instance, hatches on her thigh open up to shoot tiny missles carried inside.

Before I began animation this 3D model, I took my time to collect and look at various references to incorporate into my own work. My biggest inspiration came from "Vadim's Nox-2292"

Just recently, I've started collaborating with Woosung Kang, a young and talented motion graphic artist, to enhance and improve upon my original project. Woosung is currently developing UI elements, holograms, and other sophisticated vector graphic elements for this project. We hope to complete our project by the beginning of April and show our finalized results in the beginning of May.

Sengjoon's website: http://www.sengjoon.com
Woosung's website: http://www.jasonkang.tv
Face model Pooneh Nik: https://www.facebook.com/pooneh.nik

Thanks for watching, I hope you enjoy it. :)

Old 03 March 2014   #2
Nice, Looks like you put in some serious time for this one! Very detailed, good job!

Old 03 March 2014   #3
Beautiful

I love the metallic brown and silver 'stepped' herringbone patterns on the top of the
head and the heels and the black 'snakeskin' supply tubes on either side of her head.
Very beautiful.

Old 03 March 2014   #4
Great work

Old 03 March 2014   #5
This puts the whole maya vs max debate to bed forever! Awesome work gives me so much inspiration.

Old 03 March 2014   #6
Amazing! I know a lot of hard work went into this work of art and you can tell with the amount of style and details. The slides of the WIP pics makes it even better. So much inspiration from this it reminds me that I need to stop slacking off and start drawing. Thanks prrrsj57!

Old 12 December 2014   #7
The meticulous detailing is astounding, with obvious production quality throughout. I can't imagine the serious level of commitment let alone multi-disciplinary dexterity in generating this high end model coupled with full functionality animation, to be honest just incredible.

As a result I will definitely follow development and thankyou for sharing this unique inspiring project.

Cheers ;)

Old 12 December 2014   #8
Great work

Old 12 December 2014   #9
Wohaa great work and amazing details.

Old 01 January 2015   #10
Very nice! Keep it up

Old 01 January 2015   #11
superb work man

Old 03 March 2015   #12
simply amazing

Hollow Earth

If you can follow the Lochness Monster with a submersible, it can lead you to a doorway to the Hollow Earth.

Old 09 September 2015   #13
Absolutely amazing

Old 04 April 2016   #14
I don't find ANY WORDS!

Man you're artwork is AMAZING and encourages me ALOT!

reply share thread