The last meal, Xin Hou (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2014   #61
Originally Posted by SarwarZKhan: I'm surprised to see a professional forum as cgsociety actually decided to post this art. Don't get me wrong it's a great piece but it looks very offensive to certain groups of people. What if someone makes a piece of art depicting a family asian people eating a baby on the table, or something offensive to the american people perhaps regarding the 911 event...etc. I think that would be totally inappropriate and I'm sure people in this forum then wouldn't be like it's just a form of art... This art lack proper information and is very stereotyping.

It's not the first time an art posting has caused a kerfuffle here. (A notable one was the depiction of Americans in this piece for example. Another was this animation; which ironically, as you suggested, involves potentially offensive depictions involving 9/11.

Sometimes art is offensive. Sometimes it needs to be. The point of creating stuff like this in the first place is to start that discussion, and get us to confront the ugly aspects of our cultures that we want to pretend aren't there. Whether it's talking about suicide bombings in the Islamic world, or the picketing of funerals and bombing of abortion clinics in the Christian world, or anything in between. Otherwise it's too easy to just end up sitting around deluding ourselves that evil people never do evil things under the banner of our causes.

The first thing I see when someone posts something offensive are excuses of "It's a lie" or "Only a few people are like that" or "That's not really what our cause/religion/culture is like!" But instead of confronting the evil people doing evil things, we confront those that merely represent them and make us uncomfortable about it. That's hypocrisy.

But then again, it's far easier to tell the person with the brush that they are being offensive, than to tell the person with the bomb isn't it?

Old 02 February 2014   #62
if i speak just about your work i should say this is a great work

the modeling -lights - textures- and etc....are great so congratulations

but if i speak about the mean of your work - i dont know what should i say

i dont know what was your mind about muslims when you did this work

so i cant say any thinks - maybe you saw a sence or picture - or some thing like this i dont know

however - i want to say to my dear friends here the diffrent minds are in any countres

and are in any religion - the wrong minds and the wrong works and etc ...

so if one person or two person or a group or .... did a wrong work and some think like this

you should not think that all of muslims and the islam are bad is this true -

are you agree with me friends? for example if you did a wrong - i cant say your country and your

religion are bad - becuse you did it - in islam war is not good - you should come to war when you are

Forced for war when the enemies are in your country and they want to killing your parents or your people

the islam says the people all of the world should be kind toghether

good luck friend

and iam so sorry my english not good enugh

Old 02 February 2014   #63
Originally Posted by SarwarZKhan: What if someone makes a piece of art depicting a family asian people eating a baby on the table, or something offensive to the american people perhaps regarding the 911 event...etc.

I'm a Christian, I have to deal with things that insult me everyday. Should Islam be shielded from such things? As for CGSociety, examine the picture here. A very powerful piece but as an American it means nothing to me. Ask someone from a different country though...

Bottom line, sometimes you get stung, knocked down or knocked out. Deal with it.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02 February 2014   #64
Xin Hou

I WONDER

Why you did not criticize your community ????

In CHINA , Child Abusing , Abortion for Baby Girls ,Eating Aborted Embryos, Eating Cats ,

Dogs , Slaughtering them in

NON Human Ways , Child Abuse In China Is More Common than What You Are trying To

Show In This Image

You Have Many Subjects in your Chinese Daily Life , why Did You choose this ??? Unless

your Hiding something Against- the religious Group- in This Image .

Please Look Around you , you Have A Very good Material in china To Show Us Here

Old 02 February 2014   #65
Originally Posted by Start3d: Xin Hou

I WONDER

In CHINA , Child Abusing , Abortion for Baby Girls ,Eating Aborted Embryos, Eating Cats ,

NON Human Ways , Child Abuse In China Is More Common than What You Are trying To

Show In This Image

You Have Many Subjects in your Chinese Daily Life , why Did You choose this ??? Unless

"How DARE you point out a problem in my society!"
Proceeds to point out a bunch of problems in someone else's society.

Old 02 February 2014   #66
Originally Posted by Start3d: Xin Hou

I WONDER

Show In This Image

don't u know there are more than 20 million Muslims in china? as you know so many chinese ashamed things,you can depict a piece to criticize or shame them if u enjoy it. i'm sure that the artist has no political purpose,no religious purpose.perhaps she was moved after she read some news or watched some videos.she just want to express what she felt.she hope the world peace,children can live in a warm world.no war,no discrimination,no oppression.i think all of these are what she want to express!

Old 02 February 2014   #67
ohhh- what happend here

friends - each religion - each person - each country have respect

islam -
Christianity

and another religion and people

be friend - here is an art forum not

Political forum - the art is
Beautiful so your ethics should be like an artist

5 page Political
Comments

?
i think its enough

cgsociety is a power full forum that each artist around the world know it and i lam glad that iam a member here

so its Too bad there is hostility with members -

please be friend and try for The progress and success in your life and your work

Old 02 February 2014   #68
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: I'm a Christian, I have to deal with things that insult me everyday. Should Islam be shielded from such things? As for CGSociety, examine the picture here. A very powerful piece but as an American it means nothing to me. Ask someone from a different country though...

Bottom line, sometimes you get stung, knocked down or knocked out. Deal with it.

I understand where you are coming from, but you should definitely come down here in Montreal, it's a multi-cultural city where people come from over the place. Most of the people here are open minded or become open minded after living here for a while. When someone mentions bombs, we don't think about Muslims as the first taught. In USA not much people knew about Islam until George Bush introduced to them after the 911 event. Best advice I can give you, don't believe everything you see in the media. Go out there, go to Irag or whatever, see it yourself what these people do before categorizing them.

In my opinion, this art is a lie and falls in the racism category. You don't have to agree with my opinion, you can ignore it and be above it.

Old 02 February 2014   #69
Originally Posted by SarwarZKhan: I understand where you are coming from, but you should definitely come down here in Montreal... ...Go out there, go to Irag or whatever, see it yourself what these people do before categorizing them.

No thanks, I prefer to judge Islam by my Muslim relatives and friends. The people my kids play with. My uncle who taught me everything I know about the martial arts. These are good people and the only disagreements we have are philosophical. I would consider them good Americans even though they are first generation immigrants and I am what... 5th... 6th maybe. (IDK)

Originally Posted by SarwarZKhan: In my opinion, this art is a lie and falls in the racism category. You don't have to agree with my opinion, you can ignore it and be above it.
Islam is not a race. Denying what is true because you don't like it is foolishness. Are you going to deny that there are Muslim suicide bombers? Even if it is only .1% of the people that is still unacceptable. To me this is an issue where the Muslim community needs to clean house and deal with it themselves.

We have a group in America called the Westboro Baptist Church that represents just about the worst in Christians these days. How do we deal with it? Everywhere they show up, here in Baton Rouge for example, we attempt to shut down whatever stupid thing they have planned with the means we have. Granted we aren't talking about bombs here but you fight the fight you are given.

So here's a question to all of you who criticize the artist. The main point I'm hearing, said in many different ways, is you shouldn't have painted this because you are not from here or you are not Muslim. Okay fine then. Where are all of your works condemning these actions? If all you have to fight with is your paintbrush then pick it up. Make a statement.

Sometimes the outside eye is much more keen.
wyattharris.com Dig it!

Old 02 February 2014   #70
Originally Posted by WyattHarris: No thanks, I prefer to judge Islam by my Muslim relatives and friends. The people my kids play with. My uncle who taught me everything I know about the martial arts. These are good people and the only disagreements we have are philosophical. I would consider them good Americans even though they are first generation immigrants and I am what... 5th... 6th maybe. (IDK)

Islam is not a race. Denying what is true because you don't like it is foolishness. Are you going to deny that there are Muslim suicide bombers? Even if it is only .1% of the people that is still unacceptable. To me this is an issue where the Muslim community needs to clean house and deal with it themselves.

We have a group in America called the Westboro Baptist Church that represents just about the worst in Christians these days. How do we deal with it? Everywhere they show up, here in Baton Rouge for example, we attempt to shut down whatever stupid thing they have planned with the means we have. Granted we aren't talking about bombs here but you fight the fight you are given.

So here's a question to all of you who criticize the artist. The main point I'm hearing, said in many different ways, is you shouldn't have painted this because you are not from here or you are not Muslim. Okay fine then. Where are all of your works condemning these actions? If all you have to fight with is your paintbrush then pick it up. Make a statement.

Sometimes the outside eye is much more keen.

You mentioned "Muslim community needs to clean house and deal with it themselves". No offence but you sound like an anti-muslim. Do you even the definition of Islam? A so called "Muslim" bomber is not consider a Muslim in Islam, you need to do your research before coming up with any statement. Your knowledge seems to come from the media, where they would emphasize "Muslim" terrorist, and if he's not muslim, then he is just a criminal.

"Sometimes the outside eye is much more keen". For me that sound like a statement of ignorant people, who hasn't been out there to see exactly what's happening instead they make statement based on what they see on television. And this art is a good example, I'm actually starting to learn from this piece. It just shows how some of us are so brainwashed by what we hear.

Old 02 February 2014   #71
i dont want to contnue - but its my last post

iam from iran and as you know most of iranian people are muslim but we have another religion here like Christianity and another ....

but dont forget friends each religion has bad people and good people but the bad people are out of your religion in fact becuse they dont accept your religion rules

- if you saw a person that made a bomb and he was a musim - you should know about islam befor you say wow a muslim killed people with bomb!

why - becuse we have the rules in islam - islam is not agree with this people who killing people with bombs - but now i have to say its all about the Personal beliefs

the wrong Personal beliefs! and about the groups that make the isalam with their beliefs and rules !!! if i say something to you - can you belive it!

but its true Unfortunately

! :

there are (in islam i mean )some people who just are muslim in name
In fact

who says we are Prophet of Allah(god)! !!! but the last Prophet in islam is mohammad ! are you think they are really muslim ? no they arenot - they are the Enemies for islam and about a person who killing people with bombs - he or she is the enemy for islam becuse he dont did the islam rules and he or she dont agree with isalmm rules !
if you study about true islam(not the islam that made with gruos as i said) and about our
Prophet mohammad you will understand that islam isnot a bad religion and you will understand Islam is the religion of kindness

are you agree with me?

Old 02 February 2014   #72
fun

Thank you for your posts mo-hammad

Whether people liked the piece or did not like it, it is pretty remarkable that it got people from around the world to talk about deeply personal issues in a largely civil and well thought out manner.

Old 02 February 2014   #73
Originally Posted by mo-hammad: understand that islam isnot a bad religion and you will understand Islam is the religion of kindness

are you agree with me?

Mo-hammad, it's good all of you express their opinion but no one disagreed that the islam religion is indeed a peaceful religion (just as all the others are). And nobody said: islam = terrorism (I think every sensible person with a bit of mind is able to make this distinction).

Actually it's the posters with a religious background who introduced this topic which I still don't understand. I come from a muslim family myself (my father, bothers..) and I showed the image to my father and my brothers. We all agree, this image is not about muslims being terorrists, but that in our world today (unfortunately) its not absurd that a scenario like the one shown in this image is happening. And don't you think it is terrible? That's one of the feeling this image could create with the viewer. It is not about islam, it is about the cruelty of this scenario itself...(if the artist had made this during the christian crusades era, we probably would have seen christians sitting on that table with heads on their sword)

My brother asked me this though (which I think is a good question):
"If this was a real photo, would they also feel offended and would they also want the photo to be removed?"

I think that breaks it down pretty well.

This post by mo-hammad may contain offensive material. Click here to view it.

Old 02 February 2014   #75
please listen to this track

this is last track of our rap star YAS - with an american raper

download:
http://dl.nicmusic.ir/nicmusic/002/...e%20Ettehad.mp3

When I look at the world I am thinking about
وقتی دنیا رو نگاه می کنم، همش به این فکر می کنم که
Most people donít wanna know the power of togetherness
بیشتر مردم نمی خوان بدونن، قدرت با هم بودن رو
But I still think that real music can settle this
ولی می دونم که موسیقی واقعی می تونه این مشکل رو حل بکنه
And good people, not evil teaching the little ones